New head Unit :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New head Unit :)

Hey guys. finally finished fitting the sub in the boot and the alpine head unit. Having a few issues with the reverse parking sensors. There not working properly with the connects2 adaptor, so Connects2 have asked me to bring the car down to their factory to use the car as a guinea pig. It will be ther first DS3 they will have worked on

Heres a few pictures of the changes. I will post how i routed the power cable from the engine bay to the amp in the boot without drilling holes in the "how to" secton.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Awesome work Remus!

Comment

Remus looks awsome would love to know details of fitting mate.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will write up a fitting guide with all equipment needed to get everything working along with some pictures.

Comment

This is the good thing about the DS3, it having a standard DIM and not a full dashfit stereo!
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

That's cool !

Comment

So Remus,

Whats The Story Now With The Standard Sub In The Boot ?

Does That Still Run Now Off The New Head Unit Or Is It A Dead Part ?

Comment

I have unplugged the built in subwoofer. At the bottom of it there is a harness you can just pull out to disconnect it. Only problem i have is my rear parking sensors are not wroking with the connects2 adaptor. It will beep when reverse in engaged, but as soon as i get close to an object it will stop the right door and panels speakers from working and also disable the reverse parking sensors.So not sure what is causing the problem. Have to keep disconnecting the adaptor to get it to work again. Not what i want to keep doing.

Anyone have an idea what adaptor j-wvb is using? Picture below. He says it works with both the controls and sensors, but i am unable to locate the adaptor or it's makers. Any ideas anyone?

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I will look at it tomorrow, I will give you the name of the maker and the serial code.

Comment

Remus did you have the hi-fi pack with the subwoofer? Just wondering why you decided to get rid and swap it over for this? Doesn't the top of the range stereo go pretty loud and already have USB?

Comment

Thankyou j-wvb. I only want to know just incase the connects2 one refuses to play ball so i can purchase the one you have since it's working fine.

@ jps. I did get the car with the Hi-fi pack, but the bass it produces is not what i expected, plus it vibrates like hell on the panel. I know there is a fix for it but to tell you the truth, fitting an after market head unit has made the sound coming out the standard speakers a whole lot better, plus the after market subwoofer sound is so nice. It also has i quick release so i can remove it whenever i want to go shopping on carry luggage.

Comment

It`s from TCP, Serial code: 27.1041-653

http://www.tomacarparts.nl/?show=pag...154040&taal=NL

Comment

Hey j-wvb

Thanks for the info and link. Just need to find out if they deliver to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
                            @ jps. I did get the car with the Hi-fi pack, but the bass it produces is not what i expected, plus it vibrates like hell on the panel. I know there is a fix for it but to tell you the truth, fitting an after market head unit has made the sound coming out the standard speakers a whole lot better, plus the after market subwoofer sound is so nice. It also has i quick release so i can remove it whenever i want to go shopping on carry luggage.
                            Ahhhh ok mate cheers for that! Looks like a really nice set up and must sound awesome

Comment

Remus, what about the Bluetooth? Has that gone?

Comment

Working...
                              X