Perfect USB stick for the DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect USB stick for the DS3

Hi guys. The Sandisk cruzer fit or ultra fit usb sticks are perfect for the ds3 as you can almost close the little flap over the top to hide out the way.

At the moment, MyMemory are selling the new 32gb model USB 3.0 for only 9.99!!

http://m.mymemory.co.uk/product?p=44062&notification=

Hope this might help someone
    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

I'm pretty sure the DS3 ports are USB2 so you won't actually benefit from the speed increase(not that you'd notice for audio streaming anyways). If you're in the habit of saving cash, you can find similar drives for cheaper on amazon
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Nice find!

Non mobile link.

I have 2 of the older 16GB model, perfect for the DS3, the flap folds down almost closed over the USB socket and you can barely see it from outside the car.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        I'm pretty sure the DS3 ports are USB2 so you won't actually benefit from the speed increase(not that you'd notice for audio streaming anyways). If you're in the habit of saving cash, you can find similar drives for cheaper on amazon
        You'd benefit when copying files onto it though (if you have USB 3.0 on the computer you're using).
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
          You'd benefit when copying files onto it though (if you have USB 3.0 on the computer you're using).
          Tru dat.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I've always favoured smaller sticks for in the car, makes it easier to find stuff.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              I've always favoured smaller sticks for in the car, makes it easier to find stuff.
              I just put it on random. The more stuff the better!
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I've literally just ordered this on Monday haha. Seen it on Hot UK Deals should be coming today.

Comment

I have 2x 16gb, 1 x 32gb and 1x 64gb drive of these and they're great, Beefy put me onto these over a year ago and I've had no issues/complaints with any of them
                  sigpic

Comment

Just ordered one as well, this site certainly drains the old wallet :-)
                    Stupidity built in at no extra cost

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and really hope I'm wrong, but my car really disliked my one of these drives!
                      Which I could only put down to the fact it was USB3.

Tracks would move on to the next track before they had finished!

I tried formatting the drive several times and back to back testing of tracks/files on different sticks, and the only common factor was this drive! :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
                        Hi guys. The Sandisk cruzer fit or ultra fit usb sticks are perfect for the ds3 as you can almost close the little flap over the top to hide out the way.

At the moment, MyMemory are selling the new 32gb model USB 3.0 for only 9.99!!

http://m.mymemory.co.uk/product?p=44062&notification=

Hope this might help someone
                        Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009...2F32GB+-+Black

Just ordered this one Liam comes up to 64Gb and is USB 2 cheaper and amazon etc.

Comment

Well my 32GB 3.0 stick came in the post on saturday....

I can confirm that it does work in my 110 DSport anyway. All I done was format it to FAT32 straight away and then transferred all of my music over. Works an absolute treat, and it's tiny, you can almost fold the flap shut to hide it aswell.

Only thing is that it has transferred all of my songs but some of them are different (MP3 or MPEG 4) and I think the car only recognises the MP3 versions as not all of my songs are there in the car. So make sure they are all converted to MP3 first

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
                            Well my 32GB 3.0 stick came in the post on saturday....

I can confirm that it does work in my 110 DSport anyway. All I done was format it to FAT32 straight away and then transferred all of my music over. Works an absolute treat, and it's tiny, you can almost fold the flap shut to hide it aswell.

Only thing is that it has transferred all of my songs but some of them are different (MP3 or MPEG 4) and I think the car only recognises the MP3 versions as not all of my songs are there in the car. So make sure they are all converted to MP3 first
                            Awesome. Mine arrives today looking forward to having my music all there to blast in the ds3

Comment

Quick tip on the usb sticks. The DS3 only recognises 999 tracks at a time, but you can overcome this by having separate folders and making sure that there is no more than 999 in any one folder. I have 2 of the older style 16gb mini Sandisk ones, and have one with all my albums on with this folder structure: Artist/album/tracks and the other one has random tracks and favourite songs on it, sorted into Genre/tracks i.e folders named metal, trance, 80's etc
                              sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                              Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Working...
                              X