Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best After Market Head Unit

Hi guys and girls,

My first post on this forum and I would like to know what after market head units you would recommend.

Ive searched the other threads about how to wire the new head unit up, so thats no problem, so i would like
    some ideas about which head unit i should buy, thanks in advance.

I can't help you, but welcome to the club . There's plenty of people on here who know their styff so I'm sure one will be along shortly .

Comment

Welcome to the club

Pretty much any single DIN head unit will fit so it's really down to you, what features you need, what styles you like and how much you want to spend.

In previous cars I've always gone for Sony head units but I stuck to standard for my DS3s because it already does everything I need from it.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

And if your car is LHD, you could look at getting something like this:
        http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andro...272186743.html

Though I asked lots of ebay/aliexpress sellers, and they don't plan on making the RHD versions

Comment

Originally posted by cameron20020 View Post
          And if your car is LHD, you could look at getting something like this:
          http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andro...272186743.html

Though I asked lots of ebay/aliexpress sellers, and they don't plan on making the RHD versions
          If you really wanted it, surely you can just buy the RHD dash then swap the screen over?
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
            If you really wanted it, surely you can just buy the RHD dash then swap the screen over?
            As long as the chinese made after market lcd has the same mount points as the oem one, and the lcd panel size is the same... Then it would work. I guess it depends on how good the copies are.

Comment

Originally posted by cameron20020 View Post
              As long as the chinese made after market lcd has the same mount points as the oem one, and the lcd panel size is the same... Then it would work. I guess it depends on how good the copies are.
              What we need is someone brave to order one and document what you get in the box and how easy it is to install etc. I doubt the screen mount points would be different from LHD to RHD as that would mean more effort (cost) for Citroen.

Looking at the box dimensions, I'm not even sure the dash panel is provided... "Package Size: 29cm x 28cm x 21cm (11.42in x 11.02in x 8.27in)" Seems too small to fit it in (although I've not measured, waheey!).
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

The mounts for the screen are not on the facade but on the support structure behind it. That will be the same left or right hand drive.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  The mounts for the screen are not on the facade but on the support structure behind it. That will be the same left or right hand drive.
                  There's your answer cameron20020, make sure you document your install with pics
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome to the forum. As a new comer myself, this place is a god send!

For my two-penneth, if you are determined to change your head unit, Alpine are a brand you can't really go wrong with. As has been mentioned previously, any single Din Alpine unit that ticks all the boxes for you. What feature are you after? If the factory unit has them (i.e. Bluetooth), I would advocate changing the speakers and adding an amp or processor before changing the head unit. That way you don't need any additional stalk controls and you get to keep the OEM look of your interior.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                      There's your answer cameron20020, make sure you document your install with pics
                      Good to know. I won't be doing this anytime soon though.

Waiting for:
                      1. Head unit with this oem look with DAB+ built in, not an add on
                      2. Approval from the wife

Oh and as benihana has stated, I'd also recommend changing the speakers and adding and amp/dsp first. Made a HUGE difference to the audio quality in mine. Only real extra feature I'm after is propper DAB+ support, not a dodgy addon which requires a separate remote, or using an fm modulator.

Comment

Working...
                      X