Sat nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat nav

When we first bought the car we complained to the dealer that we were not able to put the full post code into the Sat Nav. We tried to find a place using the post code as we could not find it on the normal menu. We were taken 7 miles away from our destination. The dealer did not seem to realise that in England post codes can cover a wide area. The reply we got was less than helpful. They did not seem to care and said it was all fine and that they had no plans for improving it. The Sat Nav sometimes has no list of major places and roads so I hope they will consider doing an upgrade. Otherwise the car is great but the Sat Nav is very poor and lets it down.

The newer E My Way sat nav should do this. I think Beefmasta said his does.
    Last edited by cyclone; 13-03-2015, 07:43.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by ambartist View Post
      When we first bought the car we complained to the dealer that we were not able to put the full post code into the Sat Nav. We tried to find a place using the post code as we could not find it on the normal menu. We were taken 7 miles away from our destination. The dealer did not seem to realise that in England post codes can cover a wide area. The reply we got was less than helpful. They did not seem to care and said it was all fine and that they had no plans for improving it. The Sat Nav sometimes has no list of major places and roads so I hope they will consider doing an upgrade. Otherwise the car is great but the Sat Nav is very poor and lets it down.
      What year is your car?
      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        The newer E My Way sat nav should do this. I think Beefmaster said his does.
        Correct, my eMyWay has full postcode entry. I believe it's a combination of latest firmware and maps although Bigfeet should be able to confirm.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Correct the latest eMyWay system can be updated to accept 7 digit post codes, but from what I now understand the earlier system this can not be done.

What folks tend to forget is that the system is design for European use and as such the set-up was for 5 digits which is compatible with most European countries, you will find that earlier cars from all makes where like this.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

No disrespect to Citroen or other installed Sat Navs but apart from the look I see no benefit to a dealer sat nav. Other after market makes have free map/traffic/speed camera options and regular updates to both the maps and the firmware/OS.

From memory my TomTom Go 5000 is a lot cheaper than the installed version too.....
            sigpic

Comment

The reason for that is with factory installs you have a whole load of extra sensors such as a gyroscope to allow the car to continue tracking even without a GPS signal (useful in built up areas).

As for upgrades with portable units they can connect via 3G or USB where current in-built units can't and require updating via the manufacture.

There are lots of pros and cons to both set-ups.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                The reason for that is with factory installs you have a whole load of extra sensors such as a gyroscope to allow the car to continue tracking even without a GPS signal (useful in built up areas).

As for upgrades with portable units they can connect via 3G or USB where current in-built units can't and require updating via the manufacture.

There are lots of pros and cons to both set-ups.
                Got my maps/firmware updated by Tates last week. Now takes full postcodes. Also has new notifications for traffic, accidents, speed and traffic light cameras.. Map colours also updated to a nice blue colour. They did it for free but took 2 days!
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X