Bluetooth, music and MyWay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth, music and MyWay

Does the DS3 bluetooth connection allow music to be streamed from a smartphone to the DS3's hifi system wirelessly?

This may help me decide whether or not to go for the MyWay satnav and colour screen, or go for the USB connector. At least then I can copy music to a USB flash drive or even use a USB-powered hard drive to contain all my music.

To what extent does track information appear on the displays, either the MyWay display or the normal orange one?

Apart from this, is the MyWay satnav worth the expense? I already have a TomTom.

MK

Hi meadow_knight,

I have the MyWay satnav and, about your questions:

- it's not allow stream from a smarthope to the DS3's hifi system wirelessly ( with a nokia 5800 xpressmusic);
    - the USB connector it's only available without MyWay satnav;
    - at MyWay satnav display, all the information about music name and singer is loaded ( at least for me, I use Itunes to burn a MP3 CD).

About the price, it's my first GPS and i'm satisfied. I prefer integrated console on dashboard.

Comment

Stick With The Hi-Fi System Mate !

The USB Is VERY Handy To Have !

Comment

Not this question again........!
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
          Not this question again........!
          How Do You Keep The DRLs On ?...

Comment

Very fu**ing funny Zack. BTW how do you keep them on again????

On a more serious note, I have the integrated SatNav system which I find very good. Still would like the features that the manual tells you about such as speed cameras / speed limits etc. All of which the Tomtom which I donated to the car I bought for my mom and dad does and is easily updated online on a weekely basis. I only have the aux plug which as yet I cant get my iPod to work through. I can however get my phone on full hands free although it won't store the address book. There is a seperate thread however that indicates that is my phone Noika 900N which is the problem and not the system.

Comment

GNC5066 kindly summed it all up, The SatNav itself is very good for the price it is sold at. Regarding loosing the USB port, well I am a Music lover and I don't miss it, you can just create MP3 CDs

Comment

Originally posted by CooperKiller View Post
                Very fu**ing funny Zack. BTW how do you keep them on again????
                By Being Awesome =D

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                  By Being Awesome =D
                  Anyone else read that in a Brittany Spears voice or was it just me???

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                    Anyone else read that in a Brittany Spears voice or was it just me???
                    I was more thinking in a Teletubby voice with a welsh accent lol

Comment

So what are the pros and cons for the MyWay sat nav? Worth it in the long run or not

Comment

Best thing to mate is see if your local dealer has a car in which has the MyWay which you can have a play (C5 VTR+ Nav, C3 Connexion, C3 Picasso Connexion are examples), then you will know if it's for you or not. We didn't bother as we wanted the USB socket for the hi-fi and to be honest the Sat Nav doesn't get used that much to warrant the cost and it lack of UK postcode search. My trusty Garmin has seen us right for when we do get lost!!

Comment

Cheers mate!
                          Yeah seems a hefty price tag to add onto it, didnt know if the price was worth it or not
                          Sadly none of the citroen dealers near me had one at the time i ordered mine >.<
                          So just checking i didnt make a mistake :P

Comment

Hopefully you won't be disappointed, other on there have the Sat Nav and enjoy it, other (mis-guided) have ordered it thinking it will improve the resale value of their car which is doesn't I'm afraid.

The good points on the Sat Nav is it covered most of Europe which you normally pay extra for on the portable units and it has a POI database like nothing else I've seen before, plus it will give you phone numbers for POI's and dial it for you when your phone is connected!

It's a shame Citroen didn't offer the Navi-drive unit which offers a 10g hardrive to sort you tunes without CD's...

Comment

The myWay is a brilliant tool, no having to stick a sat nav on the dash or window.....its traffic re routing tends to be 90% correct and the display gives the car a different aspect visually.

I have no complaints and although it may not be a premium BMW 2k system, ts worth what you pay for it

Comment

Working...
                              X