No announcement yet.

Radio display screen won't switch off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio display screen won't switch off!

Hi guys! Bit of a strange one here for you..was driving along today then got stuck on the M6 in slow moving traffic for about 40 mins, I made a call via Bluetooth and suddenly the display screen jammed and wouldn't turn off...I managed to disconnect my phone but when I pressed the source button nothing happened, I checked the warning log and it said that I had a faulty break light, could this be the source of the problem? Maybe a short or something? If driving home in pure silence wasn't bad enough, When I got home I switched the ignition off and removed my key the radio display was still on and hasn't switched off. Luckily the garage I brought it from were still open so I've left it with them overnight and hopefully my 'Black Beauty' will be fixed as soon as possible. Just hoping it's nothing major! Has anyone had this problem before?
    Last edited by j0anne3001; 06-04-2015, 18:40.

The Radio locking up is a known fault on the car. (by the users of the vehicle)
    The radio needs to be reset - turned off then back on again. Allowing the car to enter "economy" mode or disconnecting the battery does this.
    Sadly i don't know of a fix for this, I presume Citroen will have a software update at some point.
    To reproduce the fault, connect the phone to the radio via Bluetooth, then disconnect from the car the phone during a call; or hang up the call as the car stops the radio and opens the Bluetooth call. (Other methods also reproduce the fault)

Comment

Oh thank goodness it's only a quick fix...the manager at the dealership kept trying to fob me off saying it was maybe down to a virus on my phone which had caused this problem, just so I wouldn't pester him for a courtesy car, when on further pestering he actually revealed that they hadn't got one available as it was bank holiday and the service team went home early...so he gave me a lift home instead..slightly cringey when I had about 20 shopping bags 2 of which being known lingerie brands, plus the said lingerie bag had fallen off the backseat emptying the contents into the footwell of the backseat, just hope I picked them all up or else his wife is in for a shock thanks for the reply btw...my mind has been put at rest now knowing it wasn't something I had done!

Comment

Just had the same fault this morning, the display was stuck on call 1. Couldn't turn it on or off. Hope economy mode switches it off as I'm in work, or I will pop back out at lunchtime and disconnect battery.
        Temporary Car -Toyota Aygo
        New Car - Nissan Pulsar 1.6 Techna with forward radar, heated seats, 360 around view, full leather, reverse, front and side cameras, start stop, sat nav, cruise, active city brake, lane departure warning, self parking,everything but make the morning tea!
        The Yellow "menace" - DS3 Dsport Plus 1.6 THP 150 - Sport Yellow/Black Roof/Chrome Mirrors - SOLD

Comment

Picked it up from my dealer today and there has been no fault recorded apparently...he has put it down to my phone being connected via USB.. Nutbolt how have you gone on with yours? Did Eco mode sort it out?

Comment

Originally posted by j0anne3001 View Post
            he has put it down to my phone being connected via USB.. Nutbolt how have you gone on with yours?
            Ah, the old "using a device as it's supposed to be used causing the problem". I've heard that one before.

A "phone virus" breaking the car sounds a little misogynistic to me.

Quick call to Citroen UK should straighten up the dealers act when you explain to them the issues you've had with the dealership so far
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
            X