Mobile phone charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile phone charging

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas on how to make your phone charge quicker? I know this sounds a bit stupid but what chargers do you use? I have a samsung and the battery usually drains rather than charges, probably my own fault for streaming spotify. Wonder what's quicker? The USB or the car charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket (don't know he technical name for it-if it has one)

If its an S5 you can get a usb3 cable and a higher output plug/cigarette lighter thingy. Works for me with spotify and the satnav on!

Comment

Yeah it is! Ace I'll have a shop round thanks, seem to have a knack of breaking the cables may aswell set up a direct debit just for those every month.

Comment

Ha, yeah I have the same problem with aux cables, forever getting that horrible crackling sound. Just have a bash on eBay there's loads, search for 'high amp' chargers.

Comment

Look for a 2 amp USB charger available in most supermarkets now for a reasonable price.

Keeps my Note 4 going with satnav at 100% charge now easy.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
            Look for a 2 amp USB charger available in most supermarkets now for a reasonable price.

Keeps my Note 4 going with satnav at 100% charge now easy.
            Thanks Stevie B I'll have a mooch around tomorrow

Comment

My phone doesn't charge from my car

Will look into a charger for a 'cigarette lighter thingy'
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

A few handy tips:

1.try to get a reputable brand of charger.
                Lots of eBay chargers claim 2 or 3 amps, yet when I crack them open it's a 1amp power supply chip. (without a bloody fuse)

2.And make sure the charger is for your phone - iPhone and android chargers have different signalling methods to tell the phone how much power it's allowed to take.

3.Keep the phone cool, more applicable in hot weather or under load, but if the phone gets hot, it will throttle back charging current as a protective measure.

Comment

Originally posted by cameron20020 View Post
                  A few handy tips:

1.try to get a reputable brand of charger.
                  Lots of eBay chargers claim 2 or 3 amps, yet when I crack them open it's a 1amp power supply chip. (without a bloody fuse)

2.And make sure the charger is for your phone - iPhone and android chargers have different signalling methods to tell the phone how much power it's allowed to take.

3.Keep the phone cool, more applicable in hot weather or under load, but if the phone gets hot, it will throttle back charging current as a protective measure.
                  thanks for the reply. They say you learn something new every day :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                    My phone doesn't charge from my car

Will look into a charger for a 'cigarette lighter thingy'
                    Glad mine wasn't the only one Joni...gonna try and get a snazzy powerful charger. Let the hunt begin!

Comment

Originally posted by j0anne3001 View Post
                      Glad mine wasn't the only one Joni...gonna try and get a snazzy powerful charger. Let the hunt begin!
                      Hmmm, if you fail, just use glittery tape I was going to suggest glitter glue, but that's just silly. Pah.
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                        Hmmm, if you fail, just use glittery tape I was going to suggest glitter glue, but that's just silly. Pah.
                        Glitter glue..does that stuff even exist anymore? If so I could have some fun here!!! I'm sure you can get a charger cable with LED's in it!! Funky eh? X

Comment

Working...
                        X