Speaker mounting depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker mounting depth

Hi all, I have done a search but can't find the answer. Can anyone tell me what the maximum mounting depth is of the front speakers.

Cheers
    Matt

Depth is about or JUST under 6cm. Sorry it's not precisely accurate.

The below pic is a standard ruler that prob has about 4-5mm on the end before the numbering starts.

And before anyone picks up, NO this is not an ad for Toyota! haha was just coincidence that I only just noticed while posting this!

It would be hard to fit any after market speaker in despite it's depth because of the shape of the speaker casing. as you can see in the below pic it tapers in at a pretty sharp angle to fit the current speakers shape.

What are you planning to do? You will probably have to cut the back off the speaker casing like most others that have installed have.

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply and pictures, really useful. I wonder if the baskets can be removed to allow a bigger speaker. What is behind the basket? My speakers are 78cm so need a fair amount of room.

Cheers
      Matt

Comment

Baskets can be modded.
        I "cut" mine out with a blowtorch and a knife. A soldering iron or dremel would probably work a treat too.

Melt the plastic just inside of the white seal line, so you still get an acoustic seal and can still use factory screw holes.
        Then you just have to make sure you clear the power windows going up and down.

Definitely much better quality than using shallow speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by mattc View Post
          Thanks very much for the reply and pictures, really useful. I wonder if the baskets can be removed to allow a bigger speaker. What is behind the basket? My speakers are 78cm so need a fair amount of room.

Cheers
          Matt
          It can be removed but you would then need to make / buy your own mounting bracket to fix to the metal.

There is nothing behind the basket other than the window when it is down. I measured this too by pushing the ruler back past the basket and it read about 80mm, so you should make it. That was at the base though so just depends on the angle of the window but it should be ok. I would advise checking with the window down when fitting before fixing it all in place.

Comment

When installing speakers, understanding mounting depth is crucial for optimal sound performance. Mounting depth refers to the space required behind the speaker for proper installation. In vehicles like Polaris Xpedition, where space can be limited, choosing speakers with appropriate mounting depth is essential. Polaris Xpedition accessories often include specialized mounting brackets and adapters to accommodate various speaker sizes and depths. These accessories ensure a seamless integration of speakers into the vehicle's interior while maintaining clear sound quality. By considering mounting depth alongside other specifications, such as power handling and frequency response, enthusiasts can customize their Polaris Xpedition experience to perfection.

Comment

Working...
            X