Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parrot Asteroid Mini vs MKi9200

Hi all,

I am looking at getting either the Parrot Asteroid Mini or MKi9200, installed into my DS3 as it only has the Aux connectivity - what's everyones thoughts on these products is one better than the other? I just want to get as much feedback as possible before I make that purchase and have it installed.

Thanks all

Jake

I have the mki9200.. I love it..the voice recognition is good, the sync is decent and relatively quick. Voice pickup really good and back ground noise is minimal..all in all a very good unit.. So much so that I'm going to ask that my next ds3 comes without Bluetooth, because you can't voice dial, and have my parrot transferred instead.. Can't comment on the Asteroid as I havnt used it..p.s. The firm ware update is easy as well with a usb stick.
    http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Swiftpass View Post
      I have the mki9200.. I love it..the voice recognition is good, the sync is decent and relatively quick. Voice pickup really good and back ground noise is minimal..all in all a very good unit.. So much so that I'm going to ask that my next ds3 comes without Bluetooth, because you can't voice dial, and have my parrot transferred instead.. Can't comment on the Asteroid as I havnt used it..p.s. The firm ware update is easy as well with a usb stick.
      Thanks swiftpass - that's good to hear can I ask where have you positioned the display and the remote? Also does the steering wheel stick remote work with the parrot or is that just for the inbuilt? That was a question I forgot to ask the person who will fit it depending on which one I go for.

Comment

I got the mki9200 installed the other week by halfords. it's great. you can take both parts out of the holders easily for security. excellent sound. voice calls good. very happy

Comment

My display is situated above my Radio display, slightly to the right.. And remote is stuck to the aluminium surround for the gear stick, were 3rd would be..steering wheel stick doesn't work, separate remote with cmos battery..witch lasts a long time..
          Last edited by Swiftpass; 28-04-2015, 16:15.
          http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

@Swiftpass - would there be any chance you could post a couple of pics please. I'll be fitting one of these to my wife's DS3 when we get it next week.
            Cheers bud
            Cooks

Comment

I had the mki9200 fitted a month ago. It's fab. I'll take pictures later and post them up.

Comment

Here's some pics of the mki9200 fitted

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	359508
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	359509