Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Socket - 2012 DSport Plus

Hi-

I've just got a 2012 DSport plus, but I'm having problems with the USB socket.
    It doesn't seem to be functional at all- it doesn't show up when I flip through the sources on the stereo, and if I plug a memory stick or an iPod in, nothing happens. The iPod also doesn't charge.
    I've also noticed that the bluetooth sound quality when streaming from my phone is poor- is this something others have noticed, or have I just got a dud stereo? It is fitted with the HiFi system

Kind regards,
    Will

Hi Will,

Welcome to the forum

You should be able to pull the USB port out by using a flathead screwdriver or another flat object(breadknife). Have a look and ensure that both the positive and negative terminals to this are connected correctly.

If their fine, your best bet would be to pop into the garage you bought the car from and have them take a look at it.

Best of luck and make sure you get some pics up or introduce yourself in the new members section
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks for the reply- I've found out it's the socket on the back of the stereo that has become detached from the circuit board. I've managed to solder it back on but its a bit flaky so might end up upgrading the stereo.....

Will

Comment

hi will, i have the same model of ds3, when i contact my usb or jack lead the sound quality is very crackled and not too clear, im thinking of cleaning all the conections to maybe have a clearer sound?

Comment

Working...
        X