Speed Camera Alerts for MyWay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Camera Alerts for MyWay

Gents, having downloaded the speed camera alerts and loaded them onto the car's SD card, i was quite disappointed to find that it only works when your physically using the sat nav. Am i missing something in expecting that it works always???
    2010 Citroen DS3 110 Sport - current "normal" car
    1996 Land Rover Defender 90 4.6 V8 - current toy
    2009 BMW 535d M Sport - wrote off
    2007 Nissan Pathfinder - sold

"Common sense is not so common"

Yes...can you not just have the satnav running without having programmed a route, I can with mine.

To clarify things.............. I do not have MyWay fitted, I use Ovi Maps on my Nokia.
    Last edited by John S; 15-03-2011, 20:07.

Comment

Ah right, ok. So, instead of physically having something programmed in, just have the SatNav screen on and it works then? I'll have to wait till the weekend to test it because FORTUNATLEY the nearest speed camera to where I live is over 100 miles away in Glasgow. :-)

Comment

The speed cam alerts work without having a pre defined route enabled. I have these set up on mine and they work perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by kfsn1 View Post
          FORTUNATLEY the nearest speed camera to where I live is over 100 miles away in Glasgow. :-)
          Can't you just feel the envy radiating in your direction? They're all over the A11 & A14 - fixed and mobile - like a rash.

Comment

Originally posted by kfsn1 View Post
            Ah right, ok. So, instead of physically having something programmed in, just have the SatNav screen on and it works then? I'll have to wait till the weekend to test it because FORTUNATLEY the nearest speed camera to where I live is over 100 miles away in Glasgow. :-)
            Is that why the BM got written off?

Comment

Originally posted by SiM22 View Post
              The speed cam alerts work without having a pre defined route enabled. I have these set up on mine and they work perfectly
              I followed the installation instructions issued by Citroen; I put the files onto the SD Card, put it into the car and then went into the system menu's and enabled everything. I actually put it in over 2 months ago, but in that time I have been in Glasgow about 5 times, and the only time I seen it work was when I had SatNav programmed for Nav and it pointed out a Traffic Lights camera. It showed nothing while just generally driving about and passing camera's, including the same traffic light camera.

Comment

Originally posted by hrdirector View Post
                Is that why the BM got written off?
                Probably! :-) It didnt help with all the snow and ice on the roads at the time too. BMW's are CRAP in anything other than the dry.

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                Can't you just feel the envy radiating in your direction? They're all over the A11 & A14 - fixed and mobile - like a rash.
                There are absolutely no fixed speed cameras within 100 miles of where I live, and because the local bobby is well.....local.....he's quite good at letting all us locals know when they're out with the speed gun too. There has to be perks to living miles from the city deep in the scottish highlands. lol

Comment

@ K - Check my thread in the Full Members Section.....Follow those steps just incase Citroens missed something

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...-MyWay-Sat-Nav

Comment

how can I add speed cameras to my sd card ?...........only had the car a day so still working my way through the bumf
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Working...
                    X