Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emyway Risk areas install problem.

hello,

recently got myself a DS3 Dstyle Nav, got the risk areas from this website Here but i am having difficulty putting them on my cars nav system.
    I follow the instructions using a USB stick but when i plug it in it just says something about no music found. Anyone have any experience with this?

Bigfeet might be able to help when he wakes up from his bacon slumber
    sigpic

Comment

First off have you formatted the USB correctly before loading data onto it?

Also are you following the correct set of instructions, the one you need to pick would be this one - http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/int...uide_multi.pdf

Have another go and lets us know how you get on.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to reply and look into this for me.

This is the process i follow.

download the file, unzip the contents to a USB stick (i have tried multiple sticks each formatted to FAT32)

This is what i then have
        Click image for larger version

Name:	USB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	359751

i insert this into the USB port (it has AUX on the flap)

start the ignition. nothing, take the stick out and back in, nothing. it will either do nothing or sometimes it says "Failed, no music detected."

again thank you for your time in this.

Comment

Is the port you're using on the Navigation system or the one down by the handbrake ?

I ask as the guide mentions the USB port for the navigations system but I'm not sure if the DS3 version has that...
          Last edited by lfcrule1972; 04-09-2015, 12:24.
          sigpic

Comment

I noticed it said the USB port for the navigation system, i am only aware of the one by the handbrake which says "AUX" and has the auxiliary port next to it.

Comment

Strange. Normally it would pick it up straight away, if you are still having problems then I would suggest trying a different stick just to eliminate that option.

Otherwise pop into your dealer and have them check the software version as there is a IR about updating the system which involves the dealer using their master key.

Comment

I always thought updates to the eMyWay were applied via SD Card, or has this been phased out in the newer version?
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

The OP states he has a DStyle Nav which is the new touchscreen system (SMEG+ if you like) which updates through the USB port. The older systems where indeed done via the SD card.

Comment

i have tried a number of USB sticks, ill keep trying. thanks guys.

Comment

sorry to be a pain Bigfeet, what software ver should i have? i currently have "System version" "Software: SMEG6.0.D.R8"

Comment

I'm not sure what the numbers are as the IR isn't clear, from what I can tell it's all to do with the master map key.

Best option is to get your dealer to check.

Comment

I have a DS3 Dstyle Nav and have had the same problem as Prahs, i have recently had a refund from Citroen for the file with an explaination that there are NO downloads or updates for this model yet because it is the very latest system. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi modbritt i got the same email and was about to post about it!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X