Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 2015 stereo wire colours need some help please

Good morning to you. Need some help please before I break the car :-(

I purchased a flat sub woofer with amp for the boot of the car. I need to splice into the rear speaker cables to provide the audio feed to the amp. Have run all the cables. Now the issue that I would love some guidance on please?

I have removed the car stereo to view the wiring harness and plug; naturally I just don't know which of the cables are likely to be the speaker, never mind the rear speakers. I have inserted a few pictures below. If anyone could kindly help this layman I would be very grateful indeed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1607.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	367732

Name:	IMG_1608.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	367733Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1606.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	367731

Name:	IMG_1607.jpg
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	367732

IF you kind people can help me I would be very grateful indeed and thank you in advance for your help.

Marc

This should help

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....hout-Connects2

The cables from your converter are going to attach to the following:

Converter / Headunit
    Green - Green
    Brown - Red
    Grey - Yellow
    Black - Purple

Both the green and the red wires from the headunit can be located in the upper drivers side corner.

The yellow and purple headunit wires are on the bottom row. There's two similar looking wires, you'll want to use the one that looks yellow, rather than beige
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks for your help. I will take a look shortly again at the back of the plug tot he stereo. Just looking at my attached earlier pictures of the wiring it does look a little different by way of colours or am I wrong?

Also is the a way to check which is the -ve and the +speaker wire without having to take the door card off?

Regards MArc

Comment

Working...
      X