Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi-fi system decent to warrant the price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-fi system decent to warrant the price?

Hey guys. This is a question to those that have the Hi-fi system in there DS3's. Whats the sound like? Is the bass the subwoofer produces decent? or is it some cheap 7th speaker in the boot?

Only asking because im paying £300 for the Hi-fi system, and would like some decent sound from it

being an old guy,who has never had a subwoofer before ,must say I am impressed .Iam hearing things in my music I had never heaed before.I am using a memory stick usb which has my whole music colection on sound is better than my ipod with earphones .Guess this will not be much help to you but have bass turned mid way .Will be interested to see what the younger owners think .MY 30 year old son was impressed and hes going deaf from all the loud drum and bass he used to play in his boy racer days.

Comment

I have also the hifisystem in my 1.6 thp sportchic and it sounds great! buth there is a differents between the normal stereo local radio or even cd-player than when i aim playing the ipod, with the ipod the bass sounds very full en heavy and optimal, with the radio on fm its not so good than the ipod or even mp3 of philips " go-gear "

Comment

Hi-fi

In my opinion its not the best. But then again, it depends what you compare it too. It is worth having though, just to avoid the basic sound system. Its a lot better than some cars i can think of.... umm o yeah, like the MINI.

Comment

I think it is pretty good for a factory fit system. Plenty of bass and the sound quality is pretty good.

I certainly think the £300 is worth it just for the lack of hassle to get decent sound. I for one wouldn't fancy trying to fit a new headunit, speakers, amps and subs to a DS3. And of course, you would loose control of the clock, dash display, LED controls and other customisation that is all done through the headunit.

Nope, happy with the sound system and how it integrates nicely with iPods, Bluetooth streaming, hands free etc.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
          X