USB box/mp3 adapter & steering column controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB box/mp3 adapter & steering column controls

I know some topics have been done to death, but I'm struggling to get a definitive answer from either these forums or one of the three dealerships I've been to/contacted.

If I choose the MyWay system -therefore losing the USB socket from near the handbrake- and the opt for the dealer fitted 'mp3 adapter' from the accessories pages of the brochure (it's normally put in the glove-box), can the mp3 player/iPod/iPhone be controlled via the steering column controls? If not, other than simultaneously charging the device, what are the advantages of this near-£200 extra over a 3.5mm jack plugged into the auxiliary socket?

I would NOT have the mp3 adaptor (USB Box) fitted in the glove box personally. The glove box is already too small, it can easily into the top of the small cubbyhole to the right of the steering column.
    The 3.5 mm jack socket is purely an input socket, no controls and charging.
    As to exactly how much control you should have with the mp3 adapter that isn't clear, certainly I have minimal control, but the track forward & back functions are working on mine.
    As for the MyWay system....it looks nice being integrated into the dash, but have you looked into the costs of updating the maps etc?.

There is another option to give you Ipod connectivity that isn't Citroen, at the moment I don't have any info on it.

Comment

You could fit an aftermarket like this...

Comment

You could indeed, just don't forget that some of the vehicle settings, eg clock, plus vehicle config are done through the standard head unit.

Comment

I will be requesting the adapter goes in the cubbyhole and I'm not keen on aftermarket anything. Does anyone that has this unit know the extent of the controls?

Comment

Im Sure You Can Control It From The Steering Wheel Controls Mate...

My Mate Can In His Citroen C2 + He's Got The Adapter Box...

Comment

Originally posted by singlelayer View Post
              I will be requesting the adapter goes in the cubbyhole and I'm not keen on aftermarket anything. Does anyone that has this unit know the extent of the controls?
              Im with you on not being a fan of aftermarket stereos....Although it all depends on each person's taste. 2 or 3 people on here have fitted aftermarket stereos and they are working fine....Back to the point though, the USB box is handy but a tad expensive

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
                You could indeed, just don't forget that some of the vehicle settings, eg clock, plus vehicle config are done through the standard head unit.
                I'm confused now. (not difficult haha).

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that, with the connect2, if you keep the source button on the control stalk pressed for a few secs it accessed the config menu?

Edit: yeah it's here...

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...it-Guide/page2
                Last edited by DSThree; 21-03-2011, 07:01.

Comment

Originally posted by singlelayer View Post
                  I know some topics have been done to death, but I'm struggling to get a definitive answer from either these forums or one of the three dealerships I've been to/contacted.

If I choose the MyWay system -therefore losing the USB socket from near the handbrake- and the opt for the dealer fitted 'mp3 adapter' from the accessories pages of the brochure (it's normally put in the glove-box), can the mp3 player/iPod/iPhone be controlled via the steering column controls? If not, other than simultaneously charging the device, what are the advantages of this near-£200 extra over a 3.5mm jack plugged into the auxiliary socket?
                  Did you get this in the end mate and if so how did it all work? I want the MyWay system but also want what you have suggested and it doesn't bother me too much paying £200 for this if it works... Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X