Hi-Fi Pack Aux input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Fi Pack Aux input

I have a little issue with my AUX-in on the Hi-Fi pack head unit.

Anyone aware if there is an easy way to get at the input jack in the centre console?

Also My Bluetooth audio quality is awful, fine for the phone but music is distorted even at a medium volume. Anyone else have this issue?
    Thinking I need to get a replacement head unit for the bluetooth issue TBH. Want to be sure it's not just a crappy bluetooth chipset before i get a replacement unit.

My first DS3 had an issue with music played via a cable from the iPod - the sound was popping and crackling and new cables made no difference. My dealer looked at it and replaced the head unit and it was good thereafter - however I'd moved onto a USB thumb drive by then and that was much easier as I could leave the thumb drive in the car all the time (the cap closed over it almost completely) and didn't have to worry about scrotes smashing the window to see if the iPod was attached to the cable
    sigpic

Comment

I've not really used Bluetooth or the Aux in my car for music, but Liam did in his. If he can read my mind, he'll know to read this thread and will be along shortly to offer some assistance
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
        I've not really used Bluetooth or the Aux in my car for music, but Liam did in his. If he can read my mind, he'll know to read this thread and will be along shortly to offer some assistance
        Had a weird feeling in my stomach. Wasn't sure if I needed to poop or you were in need of help.

The cover for the aux port should lift up if I recall correctly, just a flathead under the port. Failing that, the handbrake plastic cover should lift up with some gentle force, it's just clipped in.

How does your media player/phone fair when using headphones at medium volume?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Cheers all.

On aux any volume it sounds good. That said the issue I'm trying to sort is when driving when i go over even small bumps the sound drops like a loose connection.

For all it costs from a breaker yard will just get another Head unit to sort the bluetooth issue.

Comment

OK got it off, disconnected the plugs used some contact cleaner all seems well on a short run round the corner.

Comment

Fingers crossed the contact clean and reassembly have fixed it for you
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X