Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with iPhone and DS3 Bluetooth streaming

Hi guys

I've recently bought a DS3 less than a month ago after trading my 13 year old Golf Gt Tdi and to be honest I'm not impressed with it. Less than 40mpg on good journeys out of a 1.6 diesel is poor. I'm also struggling with the Bluetooth music streaming. I have linked my iPhone 6 up to the Bluetooth and it will always connect to the radio but when I'm pressing the source button it will go from a radio station, aux 1 input and then it will occasionally pick up my iPhone with my Bluetooth on the next press of the button. 9 out 10 times this doesn't work and while it will connect the radio won't allow me to choose the Bluetooth to listen to music( one of the main reasons I chose this car along with the supposed 55+mpg). I can turn of the engine and electrics and with doing anything different it will pick it up automatically and allow me to listen to the music on my phone.

Has anyone noticed this problem? I'm not sure if it's my phone or the car.
    Been back to the dealer and they have said nothing is wrong it. Can't wait to get rid off it if I'm honest and get an old golf back.

A quick search will have shown that there are software issues with the latest iPhone and the DS Bluetooth system.

In regards to the MPG how are you working this out?
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

My phone usually won't show up as a Bluetooth source unless I've already started playing the music on the phone. Eg: Press play on Music app (or Spotify) > press Source on the car to cycle through until the phone shows up and starts playing through the car speakers.

I'm using an iPhone 6S and have eMyWay stereo but it worked exactly the same with my iPhone 5 on this car and on my previous DS3 (no sat nav).
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Something's wrong if you're getting less than 40mpg on the diesels. I get about 40 in my 165.

I've only got an iPhone 5 but have never had a problem with streaming. Picks up the connection straight away and automatically plays music.
        May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
        October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
        Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I also have a iPhone 6 s plus and have no problems it works fine I don't have the satnav though

Comment

Hi. Occasionally my 6 plus won't connect. Usually, if I turn the ignition off and start up again it rights itself. If it's a persistent problem, I'd recommend deleting your iphone from the bluetooth list and reinstalling it. I hope this helps. Also, I bet you're disappointed with your mpg - I get 40-47 out of my 155 THP all day long, up hill and down dale. Maybe it's just a case of settling into your driving style with the DS3.
            "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
            https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Problems with iPhone and DS3 Bluetooth streaming

Think it's a iPhone 6 Plus problem has biggie said had the same problem with a iPhone 6 Plus when I had the original radio im my ds 3 and have the same issue in my bmw 3 20 some times it shows up some times it don't .
              Last edited by MARK.A; 14-02-2016, 06:42.
              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
              X