Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3 DStyle Bluetooth - Multiple devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 DStyle Bluetooth - Multiple devices?

Hi All,

Due to get my first DS3 on 1st March (not the new models though, ordered before they were announced). Really excited to get my belle blue DStyle .

Question about the bluetooth functionality. I will be getting the DS3 without the SatNav, but still has the 7" touchscreen etc. Can you connect multiple devices to the bluetooth (say mine and my other halves phones) at the same time?

Cheers!

Marcus

Just realised this should probably have gone in the In Car Entertainment thread.... my bad!

Comment

Moved

I'm pretty sure you can , but I don't have the SatNav so I'm not 100%. Someone who knows for sure will be able to help though
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Google says you should be able to pair up to 7 devices to the car so you should be able to pair both phones. I believe it will only connect one phone at a time (for calls / audio streaming etc), I don't have the touchscreen sat nav myself so I'm not sure which phone it will choose as primary (or if this can be set).
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Great, thanks! I will update this thread when I get the car with the answer just in case someone else wonders! Maybe someone else will have the answer before me though.

Comment

I'll have a look for you tonight too. Pretty sure you can pair as many as you want but you'll have to choose which to use, dunno how that will work exactly. Probably a settings thing. I'll have a look though
            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

In my non SatNav one it would always pick Liam's device over mine -_-
              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                In my non SatNav one it would always pick Liam's device over mine -_-
                Maybe it chooses the first one in the list? Either first synced or latest synced?
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Liam took at that he was the best....

His was the most recent to sync, so could be that.
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

The system will always search for phones in the order that is listed, you can only have one mobile connected at a time though as the system can not support two mobile connections. Logical really if you think about it, what happens when one mobile is "in call" and the other rings...??
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Simple - your current call gets hanged up so you can answer the new incoming call !!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by marcusb341 View Post
                        Hi All,

Due to get my first DS3 on 1st March (not the new models though, ordered before they were announced). Really excited to get my belle blue DStyle .

Question about the bluetooth functionality. I will be getting the DS3 without the SatNav, but still has the 7" touchscreen etc. Can you connect multiple devices to the bluetooth (say mine and my other halves phones) at the same time?

Cheers!

Marcus
                        Can only connect 1 device at any 1 time on mine!

Comment

does any one know if there is a way to connect one device for calls and one for audio?
                          i use my ipad for all my media but it would still be good if i could take calls through my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by bkwhoper View Post
                            does any one know if there is a way to connect one device for calls and one for audio?
                            i use my ipad for all my media but it would still be good if i could take calls through my phone.
                            On mine (eMyWay) you can choose the profile you're using: Audio / Phone calls / All. I'm not sure how you choose on other systems, if you can look at the connected devices list then you should be able to change it there (in theory).
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                              On mine (eMyWay) you can choose the profile you're using: Audio / Phone calls / All. I'm not sure how you choose on other systems, if you can look at the connected devices list then you should be able to change it there (in theory).
                              i can choose what a device does i.e. audio streaming or calls. i connected my phone for the phone functions but when i select the ipad for audio it says that it isnt available.

Comment

Working...
                              X