USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB

Does anyone know if there's a size limit on USB flash drives you can use in the car?

I have a new DS3 Nav, so have the touch-screen system (if that makes any difference)

There isn't any upper limit to be honest, but I would always suggest not using a stick that is too big otherwise you spend ages hunting for music. Best bet is to use a couple of smaller like 8GB sticks and switch out when you need to.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
      There isn't any upper limit to be honest, but I would always suggest not using a stick that is too big otherwise you spend ages hunting for music. Best bet is to use a couple of smaller like 8GB sticks and switch out when you need to.
      Biggys right about there being no max file size limit however there is a limit to files in a folder. I'm sure someone with a DS3 will confirm what this is for you shortly
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        Biggys right about there being no max file size limit however there is a limit to files in a folder. I'm sure someone with a DS3 will confirm what this is for you shortly
        It's 999 IIRC.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yeah, 999.

I have one of these in my car - http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDCZ.../dp/B005FYNSUA

Perfect size to stay out of trouble

Then on the USB I have my own folders:
          Metal
          Mirror Shakers
          New
          Womp
          Cheese
          etc

So I either play a folder or random the whole thing.
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks
            My current one is old and is playing up a lot, don't know whether it's the USB stick or the whole system needing bug fixes

Comment

Also it's worth pointing out that on the DS3's with the touchscreen you can display album art on the screen. You either need to have a jpeg called "folder" or the artwork in the metadata (either iTunes or MP3Tage can do this for you).
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I managed to put a 64GB on my head unit tonight.

64GB flash drives are hard to format on Windows PCs now since new operating systems will format in either exFAT or NTFS, rather than giving the option for FAT32 which is what most head units want.

you can get around this issue using this utility.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...?guiformat.htm

it allows you to format with FAT32.
                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
                X