Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade the standard fitted radio- coloured screen, calls and bluetooth?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade the standard fitted radio- coloured screen, calls and bluetooth?!

Hello, new to all this,

I picked my 63 plate Ds3 DStyle+ Cabrio up, just under a week ago; after coming from what I can only imagine you all call the dark side (MINI?!)
    The only downfall is the lack of bluetooth and although the MINI never streamed music this way it did connect a phone to make calls and so forth. However I was
    hoping to do both with this car, I know there are numerous posts regarding this- I know it is going to have a cost associated but such is life!
    Would a dealer be the best person to do this- ideally I would like some form of colour screen, that has these capabilities!

Sorry to repeat previous posts but this way I can get more specific answers to me!
    TIA x
    Last edited by pingamells; 30-03-2016, 07:22.

Welcome to the club

I'm sure a dealer could do it for you but a more cost effective way would probably be an after market stereo.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thank-you!
      Question after question with me- if I was to do this would all the functions still work- the 'media stalk', the button at the end of the wiper stalk to switch between the varying stats- I also read something about the parking sensors?
      Sorry!

Comment

To fit an aftermarket stereo you would need a connects2 adaptor about 60 pound also a fakro aerial adaptor about a fiver and a brand specific patch lead ie phillips for a Phillips stereo kenwood for a kenwood stereo etc.cost about a fiver
        Factor in the cost of a stereo then you have the cost.
        Very easy to install and steering wheel controls and parking sensors work.

Comment

Thank-you for your reply!
          Would that mean that the button on the end of the wiper stalk would still work? I am such a girl with cars, sorry!

Comment

Thank-you :redface:

Comment

Yes however you would not get all the functions .
              I cannot change the time . But I do get all the trip info but no radio display however I get that on my radio so doesn't bother me

Comment

Thank-you, its looking like the wisest thing to do!
                The only thing that was a little disappointing with the car- but other than that I love it (and did know before I paid for it!?- so can't have bothered me that much!)

Comment

Originally posted by pingamells View Post
                  Thank-you, its looking like the wisest thing to do!
                  The only thing that was a little disappointing with the car- but other than that I love it (and did know before I paid for it!?- so can't have bothered me that much!)
                  I changed mine on the day I bought it .
                  I have the same stereo in my work van so it had to go [emoji3]

Comment

Pingamells The easiest way to add Bluetooth to your ds3,is to get a Dension bt pro it will add Bluetooth to your car and also add 2 USB ports to your car for playing music from your phone via Bluetooth or via cable it also charges your phone and really easy to fit just 2 connections
                    And has it happens I have one for sale

Pm for details
                    http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                    2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                    DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
                    X