Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio

Hi, this is my first post and I haven't even taken delivery of my car yet.
    I'm buying a 1.2 DSTYLE 82 and I can't wait to pick it up. My friend took delivery of his a little while ago and when I saw it it made my mind up that it's the car for me.
    Now the problem/question, don't laugh. He told me he didn't know how to turn the radio off!! It was on when he picked it up and is still on (obviously) when he switches the engine on. I told him to ring the showroom but he is too embarrassed.
    He asked me to find out when I pick mine up. It was then I realised that I would feel a little silly too. I haven't read his handbook so can't help him yet. Is it something simple he's overlooked?
    I'd like to ring him with an explanation before I pick mine up if I can. He doesn't have, or know how to use a computer (not in the first flush of youth) so won't be searching on-line for a solution.
    I hope this post isn't as ridiculous as it seems to me :lemon:

I suppose it would help to know which variant it is but in any case I guess pressing the on/off button might help.
    [

Comment

Hm yes, but as it isn't my car I don't know the variant.
      On off button, now why didn't I think of that!!! I would have thought that because he says he doesn't know how to turn it off would have something to do with he can't find/ doesn't know where it is.
      Just my guess though.
      Thanks for your input.

Comment

If it's the touch screen you go to the menu page and options and turn screen off?

I'd like to know why can't I have my radio on without the key in -.-
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Thanks Rickzayne. He has been trying different things he says. Dunno if he's done that though. I'll ring him in the morning. If all fails he'll have to bring it around to me and we'll have a look together.
          Oh yes it is a touch screen...his first.
          Last edited by peem; 30-03-2016, 21:51. Reason: Afterthought.

Comment

If it's a non screen version just push the round volume dial in.

Comment

If non touch screen just push the large round button on the left of the radio.

If Touch screen you can't switch off the radio, you mute instead. Press both volume button on the lower dash together or on the radio control stalk.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

What does the Owner's Handbook say?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                  If non touch screen just push the large round button on the left of the radio.

If Touch screen you can't switch off the radio, you mute instead. Press both volume button on the lower dash together or on the radio control stalk.
                  +1 for this
                  @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Ok, thanks all. I had to go round to him as he's feeling a bit under the weather.
                    I had a look at his handbook and there is nothing in it about switching it on/off. Well there is but the radio shown isn't the same. I suggested just muting it and then I would ask when I pick mine up but now I see that that has been said here.
                    I'll ring him and tell him what you say. I'll still ask though and that should put his mind at rest.
                    Again thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X