Emway and Spotify issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emway and Spotify issue

Got in my DStyle Nav today (65 plate) and having problems connecting my iPhone 6 via the USB cable. It comes up withe the error message 'no music files'. I can manually select USB via source and it'll play via Spotify but the touchscreen displays the message 'error no file'. It connects and plays ok via Bluetooth with no error message.

The USB connection was fine at the weekend and I've tried changing the cable without success.

Any idea? Citroen can't get me in til the end of April!

If it was working fine before and isn't now, probably needs to be looked at by the dealer tbh.

Great username btw.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Cheers. I suppose I was just hoping someone might have a quick fix bearing in mind it's a long wait to see Citroen. I did wonder whether it's anything to do with updating to iOS 9.3 but I can't remember if I did it before or after it last worked!

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can only use really Spotify while using Bluetooth as your phone acts as a conduit, when you plug in via the USB the car thinks it's connecting to a media device.

I take it there are no music files on your phone?
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for your reply Bigfeet. It worked perfectly via the USB up to today, had the album artwork, track names etc. Was a bit flaky using the controls on the steering wheel but that didn't bother me. No, no music files on it

Comment

Originally posted by Angrymincepie View Post
            Thanks for your reply Bigfeet. It worked perfectly via the USB up to today, had the album artwork, track names etc. Was a bit flaky using the controls on the steering wheel but that didn't bother me. No, no music files on it
            My steering wheel controls don't work with anything that's plugged into the USB, only get control of the volume.
            Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
            Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
            Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
            Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
            Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
            DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

Comment

Originally posted by danlock92 View Post
              My steering wheel controls don't work with anything that's plugged into the USB, only get control of the volume.
              That's the same as mine. And I've now discovered it's not just Spotify that won't work with the USB all of a sudden as it won't play podcasts either so into Citroen it goes (eventually)

Comment

You may have nailed this when you mentioned the iOS update that's just happened, I recall the tech guy at my dealers saying Citroen struggle to keep up with all the updates from the Apple/Android etc and while most are ok some do appear to restrict something that worked pre the update.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  You may have nailed this when you mentioned the iOS update that's just happened, I recall the tech guy at my dealers saying Citroen struggle to keep up with all the updates from the Apple/Android etc and while most are ok some do appear to restrict something that worked pre the update.
                  Hmmm so i wonder if there's any point in me taking it in then. It's frustrating as the sound quality isn't as good over Bluetooth

Comment

I probably would as I'm no expert here but I do recall being told that the frequent Android or iOS updates made it hard for Citroen...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      I probably would as I'm no expert here but I do recall being told that the frequent Android or iOS updates made it hard for Citroen...
                      But I'll get charged £75 if it's not something covered by the warranty....

Comment

Hello to all. Ease of use, personalized recommendations and a variety of music content are what made the Spotify streaming service popular among many people. You can subscribe to them for free, and everyone will have access to their huge library of quality music. There are rarely any difficulties when using the streaming service, but if something goes wrong, the user does not need to look for a spotify customer service number the company's employees are always online and ready to help.

Comment

Hello to all. Ease of use, personalized recommendations and a variety of music content are what made the Spotify streaming service popular among many people. You can subscribe to them for free, and everyone will have access to their huge library of quality music. There are rarely any difficulties when using the streaming service, but if something goes wrong, the user does not need to look for a spotify customer service number the company's employees are always online and ready to help.

Comment

Working...
                          X