Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DStyle 2015 Cabrio Retro Fit Reversing Camera to eMyway Touchscreen Version

Hi
    Just bought an ex demo 2015 DStyle Nav Blue HDi and what to carry out a couple of upgrades as it doesn't have the Plus pack. It does have the touch eMyway with reversing sensors and the upgraded stereo but whilst there is the cut out in the middle of the licence plate light panel it only has a plastic cover and no camera (naturally).
    Would like to retro fit a reversing camera as the wife was used to this on our Grand Picasso.
    Question is what do I need to upgrade and is it possible?
    If I can track down the part number of the camera will the loom have all the connections ready or what would I need to install at both ends (If I have to run a video cable is ere a connector on the touch head unit).
    I appreciate that I will have to tell the system that a camera is installed before it will work but would welcome any help from the members to help me here?

Intrested in this, I know from past posts that retro fitting folding door mirrors etc seems to work out expensive (and difficult) so will be keep an eye on this to see if anyone can help with your plan.

Are you after the Citroen system or would you consider a third party one ?
    sigpic

Comment

I did put the pioneer dab/nav system into the wife's last car which was a C3 Picasso and fitted the pioneer camera onto the back which worked really well.
      Still have the pioneer camera but I do not really want to screw this in and make holes in the licence plate lip when there is the camera positioning already there hence would rather fit the original citroen camera (if I can find the part number to get it).
      Seems that I am too early for the home mechanic to find anything about any 2015 mods as there is absolutely nothing to help on YouTube or Google and if you search on eBay apart from a couple of chinese cameras that look as if they are meant to be swapped out for one of the licence plate lights there is absolutely nothing to help.
      There were lots of the 2015 DStyle Nav Blue models available recently as all the dealers were selling off their Citroen DS3 demos so that they could get the new DS ones into stock. The model I have is an inbetween one i.e. part new DS and part old Citroen as none of them, including ours, have the plus pack or the normal previously expected standard features!
      Hence the wife has got me on the case as she loves the car but wants the features she previously had!
      Last edited by Ivesbrian; 28-04-2016, 20:14.

Comment

What about a double din with reversing camera?

I know Mark A did this

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....-Edition/page4

Head to pos #152 if view the desktop site
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
        X