Radio beeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio beeping

Today when I started my car the radio started beeping at about 1 second intervals and I couldn't do anything to stop it. The screen also flashed up with something about selecting a language like it has been reset. The DAB also didn't work, FM worked though. I tried restarting the car a couple of times but it made no difference.
    I looked in the diagnostics on screen and there were no messages so I started my journey.

After about 5 minutes, and me being annoyed with the beeping, the DAB started working, so I pulled over and turned the car off and on again. This time the beeping stopped but the screen didn't come on.
    So I turned it off and on again and everything was fine this time.

Looking online it seems like the beeping is something to do with the radio and ECU losing connection

Since I had the screen software update the whole radio system had been a heap of crap, can't play mp3s now this

I don't recall reading about this issue before, if the problems have started since the firmware update I'd get it back to the dealer with a list of the issues and see if they can help. Good luck
    sigpic

Comment

I've taken it back once and they re-applied the software update and it made no difference. If I take it back again all they said they can do is re-apply it again.
      All seemed fine this morning, the beeping seemed like a one-off

Comment

And the mp3 issue ?
        sigpic

Comment

All the tech on cars can over complicate things now. I remember I actually had a car in the early 1990s that had a radio,no cassette player or c.d player. How times change with DAB radio almost standard now and Sat Navs built in! I still carry a road atlas just in case it is needed!

Hope your radio etc behaves itself now.
          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Be worth speaking with your dealer as there is a IR on this.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

IR?

don't know about the mp3 issue, I've given up.. edited to say the mp3 issue was still evident after the dealer had it back, that's why I gave up
              Last edited by grant_w; 09-05-2016, 08:55.

Comment

Inforapid - basically a tech update note for the dealers about the issue and remedy steps
                sigpic

Comment

OK thanks, I've phoned the dealer, waiting for a call back

Comment

Let us know what they say
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

They rang back yesterday afternoon, hadn't heard of the problem at all. I mentioned about the update note and they didn't know anything about this so have gone away again to find out more information and i'm again awaiting a phone call, apparently was going to be about an hour from the last one, which was 2pm yesterday

Comment

This happened to my brand new ds3 2 weeks ago when I picked him up from my dealer.
                        He was really startled as half an hour before everything worked fine.
                        After a longer search he found out that the head unit had lost the VIN of my car and this beeping sound was a warning.
                        Problem finding this was that no error code was set and he couldn't find out why this happened.
                        He had to reprogramm the head unit with the lexia and insert the VIN again. After this everything was working fine.

Hope this will help you solve the problem.
                        Last edited by Jan79; 10-05-2016, 20:55.

Comment

Mine appears to be OK now. It's only done it the once on Sunday evening.
                          The dealer still hasn't rung me back anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by grant_w View Post
                            Mine appears to be OK now. It's only done it the once on Sunday evening.
                            The dealer still hasn't rung me back anyway!
                            Wouldn't hold my breath on that call. It is Citroen
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Happened to me but a full factory reset resolved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X