Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirror Link - factory install or after-market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Link - factory install or after-market?

Hi

I've noticed on the New DS3 that it says only the Givenchy model comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Mirror Link as standard, and for those wanting it on other models, it's an additional item.

Does anyone know if you have to have it added when ordering as in factory installed, or whether you can purchase the vehicle and then go to a dealership later on to have this installed?

To me, it sounds like it's just a software switch as the hardware etc is already present.

Thanks

Right now have to add it when ordering the car from factory. Dealers are being instructed to NOT to activate it on other cars. Hopefully this will change in the future and dealers will be allowed to activate it for a fee.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by RDG View Post
      To me, it sounds like it's just a software switch as the hardware etc is already present.
      I would have thought so too but for the risk of potentially voiding your warranty it may be best to wait.

Alternatively there's a few aftermarket headunits that currently support mirrorlink.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
      X