Help - Postcodes and Camera Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Postcodes and Camera Warnings

Can you change the postcode mine only 4 , to the 6 also how do I turn speed camera on got 2011 1.6 HDI d.sport

Hi Carol,

Updated the title of your thread from "help" to something more descriptive.

Postcodes on the MyWay system are unfortunately limited to 4 characters. You'll need street names in order for it to be accurate.

Speed Camera notifications should be enabled by standard but you can easily enable these through the sat nav settings IIRC.

Bear in mind, there may have been more cameras added to the roads since 2011. If it's the case that one isn't showing on your route, you may need a map update.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sorry how do I up date haven't got a computer and thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        ...Speed Camera notifications should be enabled by standard but you can easily enable these through the sat nav settings IIRC...
        Sorry Fish but I think you have gotten muddled up with the Speed Limits rather than the camera data, no car i have ever delivered has had that data on as standard.

OP (Carol) your best bet is to head over to Citroen Navigation online and pop in the car's VIN (that serial number in the corner of the windscreen starting VF7) and that will give you the chance to get the camera data. I do know that there are certain "websites" that you can download it for free but there is always a chance you can mess up when installing.

As for the postcode entry unfortunately your MyWay system is limited to 4 digits only and there is no way to "upgrade" the system so go with Fish's suggestion of just entering in the full address.

Hope that helps
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Sorry Fish but I think you have gotten muddled up with the Speed Limits rather than the camera data, no car i have ever delivered has had that data on as standard.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I do know that there are certain "websites" that you can download it for free.
            I run the latest maps and data and yes it is free, however the data is uncompressed therefore will not fit on the SD card that came with your car.
            I have just popped the original SD card in my service wallet for safe keeping and bought an 8GB card for the new maps and data

there is always a chance you can mess up when installing.
            As above, if you keep the original SD card safe and use a larger capacity card for the update it doesn't matter if you corrupt the data as you can just re-unzip it again.

Comment

We have a 2011 car with Myway and had to update to 2015 maps for the speed camera warnings to work.

The updates come on a SD card so its only slotting it in and are available on Ebay

Hope this helps

Martin

Comment

Working...
              X