Upgrading to after market stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to after market stereo

Hi guys, how easy would it be to upgrade the stereo on my 13 plate DSport plus? Im thinking something like this:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...&storeId=10001

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wold be very easy.
    You would need a connects2 double din adaptor and a connects 2 adaptor for your steering wheel controls and reversing sensors . You would also need a fakra aerial adaptor.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikeandsazzle View Post
      Wold be very easy.
      You would need a connects2 double din adaptor and a connects 2 adaptor for your steering wheel controls and reversing sensors . You would also need a fakra aerial adaptor.

Thanks for the reply, would the dash need to be modified too as the one ive got in atm is stock and smaller

Comment

You just need the facia adaptor
        http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CT23CT11

Comment

Originally posted by mikeandsazzle View Post
          You just need the facia adaptor
          http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CT23CT11

Ah ok. I'm looking for one with built in sat-nav and android auto, any recommendations? Preferably under £500

Comment

EBay is probably your best bet

Comment

Uhrading to after market stereo

Yeah you just need the adapter plate and a few bits and pieces to convert aerial ,and connects 2 control unit to be able to still use reverse sensors and steering wheel controls but that's it that said though you will loose some of features you can do on the computer with taking stock radio out

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Originally posted by MARK.A View Post
                Yeah you just need the adapter plate and a few bits and pieces to convert aerial ,and connects 2 control unit to be able to still use reverse sensors and steering wheel controls but that's it that said though you will loose some of features you can do on the computer with taking stock radio out

Do you know what features I'd lose?

Comment

You will have to set the fuel computer to the section that shows you mileage and miles to gallon. You won't be able to turn on and off drls like you can on original and a few other features too can not remember now has ain't had car for 8 months now but nothing major
                  http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                  2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                  DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Ah nothing major then. I probably wont do it for a while as i dont want to invalidate my 12 month warrenty

Comment

Doubt you would invalidate warranty as all the adaptors are plug and play . No wire cutting at all

Comment

using the connects2 adaptor you'll be able to access the menu, no problem. obviously losing the quick access from the stock unit, but looking at the manuals you'll be able to access the options.
                        I'm using one and manage to activate/deactivate parking sensors, display brightness, units, etc. the only thing is that the standard screen on display is teh time/date, but a quick touch to the outter button will show fuel consume, etc. Worth checking the manuals.
                        other thing, when ordering my adaptor the shop didn't have it in stock. The supplied me with a Peugeot model, as it's identical, they claimed. In fact, is. All working as it should.
                        Quick update about parking sensors, but I was a bit stupid on my previous post, regarding the sounds. If you'll be running all speakers using the RCA and nothing will be connected to the satndard cables, so no sound, as the convertor works between the new Head Ubit and the standard system. The RCA, as I should know, run from the new head unit to the amplifier, so not a chance the adaptor would decrease the music volume or even bip, as all the audio is going only through the RCA's (at least in my system, and cables from the RCA to the speakers, not using the original ones).
                        I've tried to connect the speakers back and keep the new ones allltogheter, the sensor sounds works, and the music from the standard (original) cable reduce when reverse is engaged.
                        At the moment as I want to run the speakers using the amplifier the only solution would be: tap the output speaker wires from the head unit and connect to the amplifier using RCA convertors, or connecting to my amplifier using the speaker input wire, but then I'm not really sure what would be the benefit of using it.
                        Resuming, using the correct adaptor, if using the existing wires for the stock speakers, either replacing them or not, the system will work as it should. A bit less intuitive to access the menu, but you'll be able to access all the important stuff.
                        If there's any specific option you may need to know if it's possible to access, just ask.
                        Other thing, the install is dead easy, just connecting. Won't take more than 30 minutes to intall.

Comment

citreon ds3 upgrade radio Help

can anyone tell me if i can fit a Pioneer AVIC-F80DAB Car Stereo in my Citroen Ds3 Dstyle 2011 plate

Comment

Originally posted by kieran1994 View Post
                            can anyone tell me if i can fit a Pioneer AVIC-F80DAB Car Stereo in my Citroen Ds3 Dstyle 2011 plate
                            You probably can. But it will probably be a lot of work. Up to you whether that's worth it or not.
                            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Visited Halfords today as reccy mission to see what's available, with a view to replacing the factory stereo. All the units which I could get to work sounded much the same through the one set of speakers they were all wired up to, so it was impossible to make any kind of informed choice. One of the units wouldn't even read my USB stick. Do some of these only read NTFS formatted drives?
                              Anyway, my question is, what aftermarket units have people had fitted that have resulted in a noticeable improvement in sound quality while still using the factory speakers? Will any half decent unit be an improvement? Am only looking at a single DIN.

Comment

Working...
                              X