Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smeg+ install

Hey all,

I got a smeg+ iv2 for my 2010 ds3. And guess what, it works. I only started it up today because there is one problem. There is no connector for the buttons.
    I do need the menu button to do stuff i think. So my question is, where should the wires go, are the buttons canbus related?

For those who want to do this, if i get it working i will post a howto, but for now you only need to know two things. Don't connect the radio cable to a smeg, you'll burn it. Pin 15 on the car has 12v, and on a smeg it's the min. for the touchscreen. Also, i don't have a 7inch screen only the small one. Do not use this connector for the touchscreen, it is not connected to car but only the smeg.
    And for those who are wondering, yep i fried some of the insides. Pin15 and 16 are connected internally and it's never a good idea to connect 12v directly to ground (oeps).

Nick

After alot of trouble, having every citroen dealer say no and some other issues. My 2010 DS3 THP now has a SMEG iv2+ with everything activated. Just got the install finished. I'll try to get a howto with schematics online by next week.

Regards, Nick

Comment

Look forward to the guide
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Curious about this and would love to see a video of it in action.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Please post a tutorial please, I have a SMEG for months I buy, but I need help because dont know exatly the parts I need to fit the unit. My car is from 2010 too, but my car dont have GPS, so I think in mine ill be a little more complicated.

Comment

I will, sorry! I'm over halfway with the tut now.
            You have a rt4 with usb and aux ? I do recommend usb and aux. Will search for wiring diagrams for the rt6 as i had a rt4.

Comment

hi thanks for letting me join the group i am currently working on install of a smeg+iv2 2018 in another Citroen i have everything my question is does anyone know the pinout of the menu volume button unit it has a blue plug and i need to know whicjh pins are what ie ground +12v and can high and can low
              if someone has any info this would be great.

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by SW300873 View Post
                hi thanks for letting me join the group i am currently working on install of a smeg+iv2 2018 in another Citroen i have everything my question is does anyone know the pinout of the menu volume button unit it has a blue plug and i need to know whicjh pins are what ie ground +12v and can high and can low
                if someone has any info this would be great.

thanks in advance
                any wiring diagrams would be great also as i have no plug for the menu volume assy i need to know which pins are which as they are not numbered on the assy
                and i did ask the person i got it from and was told the car had been crushed so the wiring stayed with it grrrr

thanks

Comment

Has anyone got a step by step instruction on how to install a radio unit (SMEG)? Trying to give it a go myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X