Newbie query on internal jukebox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie query on internal jukebox

Ok so I've read the manual but I still can't seem to access the internal jukebox to upload some music. I like to think I'm reasonably techie, but it's beaten me, am I missing something. The car is only a few weeks old, it's a 2016 1.6 Hdi Prestige model with the eMyWay sat-nav touchscreen, anybody help?? please!!

On the plus side there is an awful lot to like about the car....
    Cheap lease on a 4 year deal
    Well put together, no rattles, squeaks, smart interior
    600 miles in and it's averaging 61mpg on a daily 7 mile commute, engine barely warm
    Looks pretty smart in Sports Red with black roof, spoiler and nice alloys
    Lots of extras and toys to play with
    Great headlights with Xenons and LED fogs, although cornering headlights would have been a good addition
    Very nice to drive with direct/pointy steering
    Decent sound system and it plays flac files
    The wife likes it!

The only downside is the sports suspension can be a little firm on crap surfaces

Glad your liking it, lived my diesel just switched to the 1.2 130 prestige absolutely living it, we do love a few pics.

Comment

You need to place your files on a USB and plug it into the car. Go into the setting, then media list and select copy/transfer/upload. The memory space is about 8 GB in size and bear in mind it will need the engine running and it takes AGES!!

Would suggest just leaving it and use a USB instead.

TL-DR Cyclone - Yes it's all in the handbook.
      Last edited by Bigfeet; 08-12-2016, 15:40.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Ditto View Post
        Well put together, no rattles, squeaks, smart interior
        Give it time

600 miles in and it's averaging 61mpg on a daily 7 mile commute, engine barely warm
        Sunday Driver? :mad:

Great headlights with Xenons and LED fogs, although cornering headlights would have been a good addition
        Don't rely on lights to guide you round corners.

Very nice to drive with direct/pointy steering
        Lol they stopped making square ones.

The wife likes it!
        Always important

The only downside is the sports suspension can be a little firm on crap surfaces
        Your arse gets used to it.

Enjoy
        Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
        E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Goo Mr multi quote @streettweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
            Goo Mr multi quote @streettweeks
            I will bite you today. Unless you let me loose in the performance.
            Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
            E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              You need to place your files on a USB and plug it into the car. Go into the setting, then media list and select copy/transfer/upload. The memory space is about 8 GB in size and bear in mind it will need the engine running and it takes AGES!!

Would suggest just leaving it and use a USB instead.

TL-DR Cyclone - Yes it's all in the handbook.
              Sorry I should have mentioned I've formatted the usb correctly, loaded it with about 4gb of flac/mp3 files and plugged it in, been to media list etc.....but the engine wasn't running, might that have made the difference? thanks for the tip I'll try again.

I would just leave the usb plugged in but my son also uses the car and tends to leave his ipod lead stuck in the usb socket. For the odd time I might use it I thought it would be good to have some pre-loaded sounds.

Comment

Maybe because the engine wasn't on it wouldn't let you access that function, because it would draw too much power.

Hope it works now
                ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Well I tried it with the engine on and a variety of flash drives with music. It sees them all and plays them, I can see the media list but still no jukebox or option to copy/transfer/upload. I'm beginning to wonder if either the function has been disabled, it's a faulty unit or it's no longer a feature on a 2016 model, seems odd.

If anybody has used this feature a screen shot would be helpful. Or if anybody has any other ideas other than a trip to the dealer which won't be until it's first service.

Comment

Sorry I should have mentioned I've formatted the usb correctly, loaded it with about 4gb of flac/mp3 files and plugged it in, been to media list etc.....but the engine wasn't running, might that have made the difference? thanks for the tip I'll try again.

I would just leave the usb plugged in but my son also uses the car and tends to leave his ipod lead stuck in the usb socket. For the odd time I might use it I thought it would be good to have some pre-loaded sounds.
                    Without the engine running the car will drop into "Eco Mode" and interrupt the transfer.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
                      I will bite you today. Unless you let me loose in the performance.
                      rang me today got to keep it till Tuesday sigh

Comment

This won't be a particularly helpful response, but I've done it but can't really remember the specifics of how. I got my car new in September so it's a 2016. I had an old memory stick with about 250 songs on it, and it did take quite a while to transfer, and as Biggie said, with the engine off it goes into Eco mode quite quickly. Glad I did it, just gives another media option, particularly as there's no CD player. Mainly use Spotify through Car Play.

Comment

Originally posted by Red L Driving School View Post
                          This won't be a particularly helpful response, but I've done it but can't really remember the specifics of how. I got my car new in September so it's a 2016. I had an old memory stick with about 250 songs on it, and it did take quite a while to transfer, and as Biggie said, with the engine off it goes into Eco mode quite quickly. Glad I did it, just gives another media option, particularly as there's no CD player. Mainly use Spotify through Car Play.
                          Thanks for that.....sort of. I like to think I'm technically savvy but it's got me beaten, a trip to the dealer when I find the time.

Regarding Streettweeks comment Sunday driver? Only on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thurs......

Comment

Hi. Regarding the jukebox problem - did you sort out the problem because I'm having the same problem loading music from a memory stick.

Comment

Working...
                            X