USB external hard drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB external hard drives

Just been fiddling with the USB port and it doesnt supply enough energy for a USB external hard drive. Using a bus powered 2.5" drive. Previous stereo systems ive had with usb (had two amazingly) didnt support the external drives but thought its worth a go.

Now my mum also got a new car around the same time as my DS3, a VW Eos and trying the hard drive in that i discovered it actually worked allowing me enough power to run a 120GB hard drive. The interface is nowhere near as good as on the DS3 but it does the job. Now ive bought them a smaller 320GB WD drive for £50 and got it loaded up with our entire music collection. Stupidly i got the harddrive so stuck in the little media storage area it has i had to remove it with pliers lol!

Has anyone tried or had any luck with external drives? it would be cool but with the lack of storage space and adequate power i dont think its gonna happen.

So as for my DS3 ive been using a couple of 16GB memory sticks and streaming spotify off the iphone. Spotify seems to work so well i dont think il be modding in any harddrive anytime soon.

I Have A 1TB Hard Drive That Works Through The USB But I Rarely Use That In The Car ( Although It Does Work Fine ), I Have A 500GB That I Regularly Use For My Music And I've Never Had A Problem With That ?

You Coming To The Kent Meet ? I Can Show You Then ?

Comment

Working...
    X