No announcement yet.

Tom Tom XL Live Against Myway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MyWay is great to an extent, it deals with main roads perfectly fine but back streets and tight roads can sometimes be an issue. Also, the MyWay doesn't allow for searching full British postcodes, only the first 4 characters which can sometimes be a pain if you dont have a street name to hand.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
      The MyWay is great to an extent, it deals with main roads perfectly fine but back streets and tight roads can sometimes be an issue. Also, the MyWay doesn't allow for searching full British postcodes, only the first 4 characters which can sometimes be a pain if you dont have a street name to hand.
      A good enough answer and a big hand for the "chuckle brothers " for the entertainment
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Monkey the live traffic update on the MyWay work fine, have guided me round choka-block roads many a time

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
          A good enough answer and a big hand for the "chuckle brothers " for the entertainment
          >.>
          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
          Third time around.
          Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by SiM22 View Post
            Monkey the live traffic update on the MyWay work fine, have guided me round choka-block roads many a time
            Does it give you a warning like TT or just redirect you without giving you the option ?

Comment

It can do both depending on how you have the route guidance set up as.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                Does it give you a warning like TT or just redirect you without giving you the option ?
                Dynamic will prompt you about 10miles before you get to the jam, then 5 miles, then 2 miles, etc.. Can be slightly annoying if you don't want to detour but only takes two clicks to get it off the screen.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                  Dynamic will prompt you about 10miles before you get to the jam, then 5 miles, then 2 miles, etc.. Can be slightly annoying if you don't want to detour but only takes two clicks to get it off the screen.
                  Do You have to select Dynamic when you chose "fast or Quickest" route after it has planned your journey??

Comment

If you go into your nav settings there's an option for "route dynamics" set that and it will remain as your default.

You can change it temporarilly when you're following a route if you need to.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

No you don't, the option to change the style of traffic alerts is on the route guidance menu where you can select to the MyWay to auto divert or ask first.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                      X