Is it possible to disable bluetooth in DS3 2011 release, no touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to disable bluetooth in DS3 2011 release, no touchscreen

Hello guys, Im glad to join this forum. I hope someone can help me out answering this question. Much appreciated :cool:

Please do not drag this in to why do i need this particular information. Im looking forward to purchase DS3 as soon as possible and would love to know that its bluetooth can be disabled, for example like in vw golf mk7. I have looked in to online DS3 user manual and could not find such option in there.

I don't recall ever finding this option when I owned my DS3 - it may be something that the dealer could programme out via their software ? Have you asked them ?
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know the answer to this but if you don't pair anything with the bluetooth it's effectively disabled anyway. Or is that just my optimistic take on it?
      "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Can I ask your reasons for asking this?
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

As above, why would you want to? Have you been reading too many articles on the internet about dangerous Bluetooth rays? Or that someone is going to hack in to your vehicle via bluetooth and unlock it.
          Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
          E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

If I were to throw a comedic reason in, it would be that they have a partner on the side, and don't want their car receiving dirty texts and calls while the other half is with them

Either that or they are a spy and don't want to be tracked...
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
              Either that or they are a spy and don't want to be tracked...
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Jo67 View Post
                I don't know the answer to this but if you don't pair anything with the bluetooth it's effectively disabled anyway. Or is that just my optimistic take on it?
                I read the OP last night and I thought exactly this Jo. Don't pair anything and then there's no issue is there?
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Well I have missus with me quite often and I dont want her to start complaining why I dont pair my phone, then i'm in the car. I just dont want to Im all good and she's my soulmate, just i dont feel comfortable pairing a phone while someone is in my car. I rather just dont use it all, since i would never put anyone in danger on the road. My other question. are there any DS3 which come without bluetooth?

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                    I read the OP last night and I thought exactly this Jo. Don't pair anything and then there's no issue is there?
                    I dont think this is possible. unless citroen are very clever and though out the option for bluetooth to be become disabled if nothing is paired after engine started, since it doesnt allow to pair it once car is running, for safety reasons.

Comment

If you look at older DS3 DSport trim and below it should come without bluetooth. I think anything without the multimedia screen doesn't have bluetooth?
                      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                      Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by kip111 View Post
                        Well I have missus with me quite often and I dont want her to start complaining why I dont pair my phone, then i'm in the car. I just dont want to Im all good and she's my soulmate, just i dont feel comfortable pairing a phone while someone is in my car. I rather just dont use it all, since i would never put anyone in danger on the road. My other question. are there any DS3 which come without bluetooth?
                        You know you only need to pair it once.

Comment

Originally posted by kip111 View Post
                          Yes, my old DS3 didn't have bluetooth (a 2012 DStyle) I think if they have a USB port, they'll have bluetooth?
                          Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                          Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Just don't pair your phone in the first place. On mine (2013) you have to enter a 4 digit code to pair and the car will only search for a new BT device if you ask it to in the settings menu. You can't 'accidentally' pair your phone and it won't ask you automatically if you want to pair a new device.
                            Last edited by Jo67; 01-06-2017, 19:41.
                            "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                            https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Does my car work different? because I paired it 4 years ago and haven't had to do anything since. The car and phone just find each other and connect automatically and it all just works no messing around with anything every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X