Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiFi Sub Upgrade

Hello again,

I'm looking to upgrade the standard hifi system's sub-woofer by taking the signals off the loom to the current sub.
    The plug to the standard amplifier has 10 wires going to it. I am assuming I can branch off some of these to an RCA converter then drive the aftermarket sub.
    The 12V high power cable i suspect will still need to be routed from the battery to the aftermarket sub.

Does anyone have access to (and willing to share) the wiring diagram to the hifi sub/amp system?

Here ya go:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....hout-Connects2
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks,
      I had seen this already and how to branch off the wires at the head unit; i was trying to branch off the cables already going to the factory sub. Your files show the witing diagram for non-hifi cars. Did you have a diagram for the hifi system?

Comment

Ah sorry.

Can't help you there friend.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Wonder if it's possible to just upgrade the speaker in the sub box.. anyone tried it? Surely the factory element is not of the most expensive kind
          2012 DS3 Racing black & orange

Comment

Still have the schematics open on my computer. Here they are...

The sub is number 8427 and the speaker is contained in that element. I wouldn't use the sub case as the quality won't be good enough for a better spec subwoofer.
            As you can see, the amplifier is powered by wire BH38 which is behind a 20A fuse, don't know enough about amplifiers so can't tell you if it is enough to power one. Also don't know how big a speaker (watts) the amplifier can power as it does not say anywhere, also not inside the amp (will have a look later).
            Also the amp will power 84B1 which is the central speaker on the dash. So you can't remove the amp.

They only good thing to do is, add an amp with it's on power to battery and use the cables to original subwoofer as audio source for it. This way the audio source will be filtered and will only put out low freq.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Speakers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	361187

Comment

Working...
            X