Retrofitting stock sub and third hifi speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrofitting stock sub and third hifi speaker

Hi all, I have sourced and purchased the sub and third dash speaker that my car did not have as whoever bought it from new did not have the hifi system installed.

I was just wondering if anybody had attempted to do this before and if you have any guides or just tips or anything really. In terms of wiring I’m not really sure how to go about it and I know someone who can do it but he charges quite high so I’d rather attempt myself first.

A wiring guide for the sub and the back of the head unit would be an amazing start if someone has those but any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

P.s I’m going to all this effort because I want to make the car’s audio system better but would like to keep it stock looking, in case you were wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liam posted this a while ago - it might help http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....hout-Connects2
    sigpic

Comment

This is largely helpful, the only issue I still have is that the sub has the same proprietary wires that are in the back of the HU so the rca cables won’t work/aren’t necessary. If I follow the HU/converter wiring guide again at the other end when connecting to the sub, should that work? Also would connecting power and ground come through those same cables? There is already a space in the car‘s fusebox for a fuse for the sub so how would I connect it so that I can use that as opposed to having to run a cable across my engine from the battery, if at all possible.

Comment

The sub also has the amplifier built in so I can’t connect the cables from one to the other if that makes sense. Here is a picture of the wires that come out of the sub

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X