Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Settings

Hi All,
    I have been experiencing problems with my speakers vibrating in the panels and distortion when cranking up my stereo on my DSport...Spoke to Ct Ryan today from Wilcox Citroen who gave me some sound advice on settings for the stereo...

This made a massive difference to sound quality.......Worked a treat Ryan Cheers Bud....

Set Stereo to Classical,Front to Rear -2,Bass 3-5,Trebble 3-5.

Hope this Helps other DS3 owners....Would like to hear about your stereo settings.

Clarky.

Worked for me as well. Before I changed the settings the rear side panel offside speaker made a thudding noise (not heavy bass)but I had loudness correction turned on plus the bass and treble settings were set to zero and ambience was set to Techno, but it sounds much in Classical mode and with the adjusted treble and base settings you suggested so thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by hrdirector; 24-08-2010, 21:55. Reason: Lousy typing

Comment

This is with the upgraded HIFI system yeh?
      "Nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."

Comment

Glad settings worked for you hrdirector...I'm amazed no one else has had problems and replied to the post.

Hi Fowler fellow Bristolian yeh this is with upgraded HIFI System standard on the DSport...I would think settings apply to all systems.

Enjoy Clarky.

Comment

I have found that the radio is not too brilliant but using the Ipod the sound quality is much better, I'll give these settings a go tho I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

Originally posted by floydy View Post
            I have found that the radio is not too brilliant but using the Ipod the sound quality is much better, I'll give these settings a go tho I'll let you know how I get on
            Same can be said when using dated technology such as a CD. Aux in input has something lacking though.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Well I tried the settings on the radio and there is a little improvement so I thought I'd see what the sound was like with the ipod, this sounded exactly the same then I discovered when I looked at the settings they were totally different it would seem that the setup is dependant on the source, the settings on the Ipod source were Ambiance (none) all the rest of the settings were neutral and the Ipod sounds awesome as it is, I played around with the various rock classical etc but you couldnt beat the original settings wiith no loudness the only setting was auto volume so I thought I'd try these settings with the plain old radio, not bad certainly better than the setup when I got the car someone must have been playing with the setup pre delivery

Comment

What IS the Auto-Volume, as I can't think what I would want my volume to be automated for, surely that's why I can turn it up and down??

Comment

Increases volume with speed, to compensate for engine/road/wind noise.

Unfortunately nobody's yet designed a system that auto-increases the volume to compensate for passenger noise ...

Comment

See, this is what someone had told me it was, because they had it in their VW Beetle, but I've got it switched on and I don't notice any difference between my going slowly and when I'm, let's say, going along on the motorway.

How odd?!

Comment

Hi Clarky.

Gonna try the settings you posted regarding getting better sound quality. Can you let me know whether you had loudness correction on or off?

Cheers
                      110HDi Dsport
                      Manitoba grey body / Carmen red roof
                      Carmen red dash

Comment

Originally posted by tck3131 View Post
                        See, this is what someone had told me it was, because they had it in their VW Beetle, but I've got it switched on and I don't notice any difference between my going slowly and when I'm, let's say, going along on the motorway.

How odd?!
                        That's the point

If you have auto volume enabled, when you hit the motorway you would typically turn the volume up.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hello djclark25,

My Loudness correction is ON...Be interested to see if your sound quality is better.

Cheers Clarky.

Originally posted by djclark25 View Post
                          Hi Clarky.

Gonna try the settings you posted regarding getting better sound quality. Can you let me know whether you had loudness correction on or off?

Cheers

Comment

Hello guys new to the site i've got the dsport with the sub in the boot and when i first got the car the music sounded terrible so i looked in the boot while playing some bass heavy music and the panel what hides the sub was vibrating against the sub which made it sound awfull so i put a small rubber off a exhaust between the sub and panel now it does'nt vibrate and the music sounds alot better hope this info helps.

Comment

Awesome!! I was starting to dread certain songs coming on in my car becasue of the rattle!
                              My DS3R3... nearly....
                              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X