Aftermarket iPod Alpine head unit ignition settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket iPod Alpine head unit ignition settings

I have had an iPod Alpine head unit fitted and I'm delighted with it.

The only issue I have is that I can't have it switched on while the car engine is off - unless I have the ignition key turned right round so that the dashboard lights are all on ie the level just before the engine starts.

I'd appreciate thoughts on two points...

1. I'm pretty sure the factory fit head unit could be used with the engine off but without the dashboard lights on. Can someone confirm this?

2. If anyone else has fitted an aftermarket unit, is this the same for them?

Any thoughts appreciated thanks.

Remus and Clarky are the two people I know who have modified the HU, best to give them a shout.

Looks much better than OEM in my opinion! Nice choice!
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

yh you can have radio on while engine and ignition is off but only for limted amount of time due to econmy mode

Comment

you may need to swap the permanant and ignition lives around

Comment

Originally posted by nicksharp400 View Post
          you may need to swap the permanant and ignition lives around
          Thanks for all the replies, and yes nicksharp400 this is what the auto electrician has said when I spoke with him.

I will now get him to give it a try.

Just a bit of feedback for those considering swapping the head unit - I'd say definitely give it a try - especially if you only have the aux input.

Comment

Just wondering where you have routed the cable to connect your ipod to? I currently have an alpine unit that I will fit in my ds3 when it arrives

Comment

Originally posted by StevieT DS3 View Post
              Just wondering where you have routed the cable to connect your ipod to? I currently have an alpine unit that I will fit in my ds3 when it arrives
              Hi, it is simply threaded through to the glove compartment.

Comment

awesome when i get my mine its a lease car so i cant go cutting any plastic bits out to route cables like i previously did in my current car.

is it an easy enough to thread it through?

Comment

Originally posted by StevieT DS3 View Post
                  awesome when i get my mine its a lease car so i cant go cutting any plastic bits out to route cables like i previously did in my current car.

is it an easy enough to thread it through?
                  I had an auto-electrician fit it who does all the fleet cars in work so he knows his stuff, but by all accounts it was a relatively straight forward fit, no cutting. He put a hands free kit in at the same time, so there was a lot of interface wiring going on, but it all seems to work.

Comment

Just to follow this up, after getting so fed up of not being able to have the head unit on without the engine running, I got the auto electrician to check it out.

It was wired correctly, that's just the way Citroen have decided the ignition settings should work.

Hence he's wired it to be permanently live now, and it works a treat. I have to remember to switch it off of course, but no big deal.

Comment

@ DSThree what head unit model is that? Thinking about getting the same one, and is there anything else I would need to purchase when buying this so it will fit and work properly? Thanks

Comment

Can I ask are still able to use the steering wheel stalk controls with the alpine head unit ?
                        I looking at changing mine to a JVC with its own Bluetooth but I've been quoted £94.94 just for wiring adapters thus so I can keep the stalk controls reversing sensors and the cars Bluetooth
                        2013 DS3 DSport Plus 155 THP Cherry Red & Black Roof :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by RickardsDS3 View Post
                          @ DSThree what head unit model is that? Thinking about getting the same one, and is there anything else I would need to purchase when buying this so it will fit and work properly? Thanks
                          They haven't been on the forum since March so it may take a while for a reply mate..... You could try sending them a friend request, that way they'll get an email notification
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks mate I didn't even notice the date posted ahh well worth a try.
                            2013 DS3 DSport Plus 155 THP Cherry Red & Black Roof :cool:

Comment

Working...
                            X