Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth

I'm a bit embarassed to ask this but does my car have bluetooth? It's a standard DStyle HDI90, no Myway or anything. In the manual it shows setting up the blutooth on a radio that looks just like mine and on another thread Bigfeet said that if you don't have Myway all the radios are the same. However when I follow the instruction to set up bluetooth I press "Menu" but there doesn't seem to be a bluetooth option.

If it's not provided as standard on this model is there any way to get it without changing to a aftermarket head unit?

TIA

Liam

get a parrot kit fitted.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165571

there are cheaper versions
    Last edited by Rickzayne; 15-05-2011, 18:45.
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

If You Aint Got The Hi-Fi / Myway Then Theres No Bluetooth Mate,

Do What Rick Said, The Parrot Bluetooth Kits Are Good !

Comment

The wife's got a Parrot installed in her dodge and to be honest I'm not that impressed. It's forever failing to connect automatically with her phone and although it's set up to go through the radio you've got to mess about with the volume on the radio unit.

For the cost of a parrot installation I could have this;
        http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...k&iozone=PLPz1
        I'd get Bluetooth plus a usb - what do you think?

Liam

Comment

You'd loose your settings button.

Think the problem with your parrot was it was an American car. My dads worked perfect with his iPhone, auto connected when he switched his engine on.

But if you want a new stereo there's a guide fir what cables ect you need.
          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
          Third time around.
          Work in Progress

Comment

There are some Car Hifi that have rear Aux inputs so theoretically you could hook up the cars Aux to the replacement hifi so not loosing that function. My concern would be loosing other functions by replacing the unit....allbeit I do miss bluetooth on my white edition.

I would prefer a new hifi header over one of the Parrot things

Comment

Working...
            X