Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod Music Search

Hello

I've literally just picked up my DS3.. 3 months wait and plenty of lurking on these forums in the mean time

A quick question regarding the iPod and the searching of music.

My problem is when I plug the iPod in it takes forever to get to the tracks I want, in fact I can't. It plugs in and starts at 'A' and starts playing. If i want to get to say 'S' it seems I need to scroll through every track/artist from A through to S.

In doing so the little egg timer pops up and the system attempts to scroll through. Unfortunately this takes an inordinate amount of time and I've yet to get past the A's. With an iPOd with over 3000 tracks on, it's not quite doing it for me.

Are there any ways to bring up the music library on the information display and scroll through with more ease without going to autoplay and searching through artist by artist in alpha order?

Finally one last question... Is it possible to see podcasts? My first impression is it only allows the viewing of music files.

For info the set up I have is the DSport standard hifi... so there is no Satnav.

Oh.. and I love my new DS3 irrespective of this. It looks the danglies and drives wonderfully. My first ever brand spanking new motor. yay

Cheers

Nya

I think for full iPod integration you need to buy the iPod adapter accessory

I think.

Comment

Cheers.

OK, sorted the viewing of artists properly. It was a matter of RTFM, and there is a "list" button which allows quick scrolling by artist.

Only "problem" now is, viewing podcasts. As the list function only brings back my mp3's.

Ny

Comment

ah ha.. instead of using the USB I can use the 'headphone' jack socket and connect the ipod that way. Means control is from the ipod.. but the podcasts can be listened too. Ta da

Comment

Working...
        X