Alpine head unit problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine head unit problem

Installed a new head unit at the weekend - a CDE-126BT (big thanks to Remus for the guide). Initially a bit disappointed until I realised that the standard config is "Sub-woofer on" and I don't have one :redface:

I've started setting up the radio today and have a problem - no long wave or medium wave stations (even in dx mode). I can tune FM OK but that doen't get me my 5 live!

Since it worked fine on the standard unit I'm assuming that there's a problem with the aerial convertor? Unfortunately, like an idiot I pushed the head unit all the way in - how easy is it to remove? The picture in the manual is so small as to be useless.

Thanks in advance.

Liam
    Last edited by telephoneman; 08-06-2011, 06:54.

Don't Listen To 5 Live ?...

Problem Solved xD

Comment

I have the same problem too. Though I have to admit I solved it by simply not listening to LW/MW any more lol.

Comment

Re Alpine Problem

Hello There,

Ive had a word with Alpine technical this morning and they have suggested that the aerial connection may not be getting a great earth....or there may be a requirement for an antenna booster from the oem antenna.
        A Celsus Ice AAN2123 would answer to your problems should a booster be needed.
        Hope this helps.
        If you have any questions feel free to call me at the store.
        With Thanks
        Ian Hunter
        AUTOSOUNDS 0191 2736100
        Originally posted by telephoneman View Post
        Installed a new head unit at the weekend - a CDE-126BT (big thanks to Remus for the guide). Initially a bit disappointed until I realised that the standard config is "Sub-woofer on" and I don't have one :redface:

I've started setting up the radio today and have a problem - no long wave or medium wave stations (even in dx mode). I can tune FM OK but that doen't get me my 5 live!

Since it worked fine on the standard unit I'm assuming that there's a problem with the aerial convertor? Unfortunately, like an idiot I pushed the head unit all the way in - how easy is it to remove? The picture in the manual is so small as to be useless.

Thanks in advance.

Liam

Comment

Originally posted by ianautosounds View Post
          Hello There,

Ive had a word with Alpine technical this morning and they have suggested that the aerial connection may not be getting a great earth....or there may be a requirement for an antenna booster from the oem antenna.
          A Celsus Ice AAN2123 would answer to your problems should a booster be needed.
          Thanks Ian, I think the problem may be that I didn't connect the blue wire on the convertor to a live, I just taped it up like in the guide. I've got another thread going on this; http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...Aerial-Adapter

Liam

Comment

I dont understand why you guys are having problems with the radio. Mine worked fine with the blue wire not connected. Ive since changed my headunit from the Alpine as the USB gave me a bit of problems, and i found the sound not to be as dynamic. Ive got a Sony now and sounds alot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
              I dont understand why you guys are having problems with the radio. Mine worked fine with the blue wire not connected. Ive since changed my headunit from the Alpine as the USB gave me a bit of problems, and i found the sound not to be as dynamic. Ive got a Sony now and sounds alot better.
              Did you use medium wave? I don't have a problem on FM it's just long and medium wave - not a problem unless you're a 5live junkie like me. I've also not had any problems with the usb, which I use everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by telephoneman View Post
                Did you use medium wave? I don't have a problem on FM it's just long and medium wave - not a problem unless you're a 5live junkie like me. I've also not had any problems with the usb, which I use everyday.
                I dont listen to medium wave but it works fine along with FM. I dont really listen to the radio that much. Id rather not know what's going on in the world. All you hear about is murder and a bombs going off in the news or in a song

As for the USB. Not sure if there is a problem the CDE-126BT but when i used it, it would not detect the stick, would skip and stop altogther.

Ive sinced moved to a sony head unit as mentioned and it works perfectly.

Comment

I've just taken the Apline head unit back out and connected the blue wire from the fakra convertor to the blue wire on the head unit and it now works perfectly!

Comment

Working...
                  X