Fakra Aerial Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fakra Aerial Adapter

Ok so im just about to fit my alpine head unit into the my DS3 when it arrives this week, i have all the adapters that i need so it should be a pretty straight forward job, however one question i have is...

The fakra aerial adapter has a spare blue spade connector for power do i need to connect this? where should i draw power from can i connect this to the remote on lead or should it be connected to a red the switched 12v wire?

any ideas would be great

On the guide by Remus it looks like the blue wire is just taped up out of the way. That's what I did, however since changing the head I've lost medium and long wave. The same thing happened to DSThree apparently.

Comment

i have seen that it requires power as the standard headunit has the powered amplifier internally just need to find the right power source so nothing fuses etc

Comment

Just done some digging on Google and it's come up before on an astra forum. It seems that the standard head has a built in amp for the aerial and the blue wire is for power to the silver tube in the adaptor, which is presumably an amp. Apparently it should be connected to the antenna power output lead from the head unit. I've just checked the wiring diagram for my Alpine and this is the blue wire.

Comment

It's the same on my Sony stereo it has a amp rem max 0.3a

And says it's for antennas with a rely box which I think it is xD
          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
          Third time around.
          Work in Progress

Comment

It definitely needs the blue wire to be connected to a switched live. On the Alpine head you have a blue wire for powered antenna which you use. I've just done mine and it now picks up LW and MW as well as more FM stations. It also works with my "bee sting" antenna now.

Comment

Originally posted by telephoneman View Post
              It definitely needs the blue wire to be connected to a switched live. On the Alpine head you have a blue wire for powered antenna which you use. I've just done mine and it now picks up LW and MW as well as more FM stations. It also works with my "bee sting" antenna now.
              YUP i emailed them and they confirmed this.
              sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
              Third time around.
              Work in Progress

Comment

Working...
              X