Incompatible mp3 player ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompatible mp3 player ?

Having won the battle to get the Bluetooth phone working (Service Manager + laptop + 1 hour !), we still couldn't get the wife's mp3 player working through the USB socket.

It's a Sandisk 8Gb Sansa Clip bought specially - as soon as you connect to the socket, the menu disappears from the player, and a 'Connecting' message is displayed, and that's it.

Any ideas ???

Hi,

I've not got my DS3 yet, in fact just ordering today, but I think that is working fine. When I tried my mp3 player out on a demonstrator the same thing happened. Once connected through the USB you then control the player through the cars own radio controls. I cant remember the exact buttons though, sorry.

Comment

My iPhone only plays music through the USB when it wants to. Sometimes it works fine, at other times none of the buttons respond and I get a connection error message. It seems to make no difference whether bluetooth is connected - sometimes it will stream music via bluetooth but not the USB, at other times it will only play music via the USB, not bluetooth.

I've given up trying to work out what sequence of instructions will make it reliably play music via USB or bluetooth. I just try bluetooth first, and if decides not to stream, I plug in the USB cable. As long at it works via one or the other (which it always has done so far) I'm not greatly bothered.

One strange quirk though - it insists on playing the tracks in alphabetical order, irrespective of the settings on the iPhone. Has anyone got any bright ideas of how I can overcome this, as it's a right pain!

Comment

I haven't tried playing through a USB stick yet, but I've got one and will give it a go and let you know how it goes.

I use my iPod and initially had some connection issues, but it's been fine ever since.

Comment

Well I stuck an album onto a USB memory stick and it plays perfectly through the car system.

Obviously a player incompatibility issue, but why ? I wonder if there is a Citroen contact who can sort this ?

Comment

Im currently using SanDisk USB sticks, and they work perfectly. Ive used the bluetooth to play music through my Iphone but the quality seems poor compared to the USB.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
              Im currently using SanDisk USB sticks, and they work perfectly. Ive used the bluetooth to play music through my Iphone but the quality seems poor compared to the USB.
              Does it play the tracks in the right order from the iPhone? Mine insists on playing them in alphabetical order!

I agree with what you say re the poorer quality via bluetooth - the interference can be very irritating, and a poor trade-off for the convenience of not having to plug a USB cable in.

Comment

What type of formatting have you used for the disk?

I'm not sure what formats are supported but it may be worthwhile trying a different one such as FAT32, NTFS etc..

The below will delete any data stored on your USB disk, make sure you have a backup!
                To format a USB disk in Windows; insert the USB disk into your PC/laptop > Open My Computer > Find the USB device you've inserted and right click it's icon > Click Format > Tick the box to enable quick formatting and try modifying the formatting drop down box to use different types.

Another thing I've read on other forums with incompatible devices was resolved by disconnecting the battery for 3 minutes and re-connecting it. Might be worth a try?
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                  Does it play the tracks in the right order from the iPhone? Mine insists on playing them in alphabetical order!

I agree with what you say re the poorer quality via bluetooth - the interference can be very irritating, and a poor trade-off for the convenience of not having to plug a USB cable in.
                  Thats the reason i dont use the iphone to play the music as it plays them in alphabetical order and the quality. plus ive noticed thesound cuts out some times. I just use the bluetooth for making and receiving calls only.

Comment

Ive formatted them using the FAT32 file system. Dont think it's possible to use NTFS file system through USB.
                    I have not encountered any incompatabilty problems so far. Touch wood.

Comment

Finally took all the files off the player, reloaded them and, for whatever reason, it now works !

One of life's little mysteries - but thanks anyway for the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X