USB Stick v. Ipod v. bluetooth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Stick v. Ipod v. bluetooth?

Hi all, I am awaiting my delivery of a DS3 Sport plus 150bhp & cant wait to get in it, drive it home with some good music.

So in preparation what format/medium do you suggest to use & are there any differences in sound quality on medium selection. By medium I mean:

Ipod/Iphone? via usb
    USB Stick?
    Phone via bluetooth? is it even possible?

Not CD or walman though LOL

Would welcome hearing about your experiences, as I want to get my music ready!!!

USB Stick
    48.98%
    iPhone/iPod/other via USB
    16.33%
    Bluetooth
    18.37%
    MP3 CD
    16.33%
    White & Black DS3 Sport Plus 150THP

I Use My iPhone 4 Via USB And Sometimes My External Hard Drive And Think It's Awesome xD

Comment

Originally posted by brownt View Post
      Phone via bluetooth? is it even possible?
      Yes!

I just play mine via USB, its just easier for me to chop and change when I get bored. Plus I've never used my phone to store and listen to music. Happens often.

I'd say all had the same quality but might be worth a read of this re settings
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Does using an External Hard Drive take a long time to load? i.e. is it 40/60/120/300 gb?

Can you scroll thru it quickly enough?

Comment

Cheers for the link

Comment

USB stick for me. I have all my CD's on one memory stick, so I can play whatever I want without having to change CD's or memory sticks, also means I don't have to fill the tiny glove box with CD's I originally had all my music in wma format at 128Kbit as stated in the handbook, however they didn't work so converted them to mp3. I have since found out that although the handbook states 128Kbit is the highest quality wma files the stereo will play it does actually play 196Kbit wma files!!!
            DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

NP dude

Also, if you ever get a boot rattle from the sub - try this one!
              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Does using an External Hard Drive take a long time to load? i.e. is it 40/60/120/300 gb?

Can you scroll thru it quickly enough?
                I use a 128Gb memory stick, this loads pretty quickly and is always playing before I drive off, seems to scroll through ok but haven't done much of that yet. With regard to external hard drives the handbook states that they should not be plugged into the cars usb port, I know Zack's done it, but I would sooner stick with memory sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                  USB stick for me. I have all my CD's on one memory stick, so I can play whatever I want without having to change CD's or memory sticks, also means I don't have to fill the tiny glove box with CD's I originally had all my music in wma format at 128Kbit as stated in the handbook, however they didn't work so converted them to mp3. I have since found out that although the handbook states 128Kbit is the highest quality wma files the stereo will play it does actually play 196Kbit wma files!!!
                  Arlow, cheers for the above. always worth noting filetype and kbytes accepted by the system. Looks like I can start convertying those albums - maybe to a small USB stick.

Comment

I play through my iPhones bluetooth best way me thinks coz If someone rings it comes through the car like a parrot. But only thing is it drains the battery or I plug it in to the USB port but once plugged in it stops random and just plays nxt songs and if you use USB on it's own u can only pick artist as far as I know which is shit

Comment

Originally posted by DSL3NNY View Post
                      I play through my iPhones bluetooth best way me thinks coz If someone rings it comes through the car like a parrot. But only thing is it drains the battery or I plug it in to the USB port but once plugged in it stops random and just plays nxt songs and if you use USB on it's own u can only pick artist as far as I know which is shit
                      Cheers for the info... totally forgot about the Album/Artist/Genre potential issue. Can anyone else confirm this?

Comment

I have all my songs in one album on the USB, then on random. Get bored by album order. So don't know re sorting
                        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Cheers for the info... totally forgot about the Album/Artist/Genre potential issue. Can anyone else confirm this?

I'm playing through by album title at the moment, I have seen Artist and Genre as selection options but not tried them yet. Can't confirm it at the moment, but next time I use the car I will check it unless someone beats me to it.

Comment

How does the ICE show track names? Is there any irritating scrolling or cutting off of the names? Can you do a quick search by folder/playlist as well as artist/genre etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Déesse trois View Post
                              How does the ICE show track names? Is there any irritating scrolling or cutting off of the names? Can you do a quick search by folder/playlist as well as artist/genre etc?
                              It depends on your display option, I have mine to detail full track info, and if that is too long for the screen it will scroll and stop.

When playing, on the radio, press' list' and it will list the albums. For me this is one I have called 'DS3' and then press select and it will list the songs by number.

Not sure re the genre etc.
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                              X