No announcement yet.

USB Stick v. Ipod v. bluetooth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the advice, picked up my car 2 days ago ..... FIRST time ever that i looked forward to coming back from holiday!!!!

Think I may purchase a small usb stick after work.

Will try to get pics of my new car on later
    White & Black DS3 Sport Plus 150THP

Comment

Originally posted by zedzim View Post
      Anyone else think the sound quality when using a iPod is shocking compared to the USB. And bluetooth int great but that's just the limitations of bluetooth

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
      I dont have the USB socket in my dstyle+ but i'm more than happy with the sound from my ipod using the AUX cable but its the one that goes from the bottom of the phone to AUX. the cable that goes from headphone jack to AUX is proper pish though!!!
      Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

PNY make one 8Gb available in Comet £12.99 on offer. Also 4 and 16 GB bought one yesterday and my fap closes all bar 2mm so its invisable and works well.

Comment

I got an 8gb ultr small USB stick - much better than plugging in the iPhone thru USB or AUX.

Cheers for the help on the decision making.

Also the ultra small USB sticks almost allow u to close the cap - they are great
          White & Black DS3 Sport Plus 150THP

Comment

You can get the really small USB sticks on EBay from HK was about £7 delivered for a 4Gb, flap nearly closes over it as described, brand name is Kazee of all things but works fine and was delivered within about a week.

Comment

I don't have my car yet but have a spare Ipod which would mean I don't have to convert files for Usb stick . Does this mean I can just plug in the Ipod and will I be able to scroll through albums via steering wheel . I'm getting a DS3 sport plus .

Comment

Well, having voted my use via Bluetooth already - and being very pleased at the sound quality, it was another great boost on Saturday when I connected up my iPhone 4 (well, when I say connected I mean, sat in the car - this is bluetooth of course!) and saw that now the Artist / Album / Track details are all displayed on the in-built car screen! Yes, if you were unware the recent iOS5 upgrade from Apple included updates for Bluetooth and the AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)

Hope this information is useful, and will make you feel better about waiting for the over-an-hour upgrade for the iPhone! :-)

kidg
                Last edited by kidgarrett; 17-10-2011, 07:41.
                DS3 DSport 150THP Grey/Black :cool:

Comment

It Was The Same For Mine When I Was Running iOS 4 ???

Comment

Really? I did nothing different with my phone other then upgrade to iOS5 to get it to work. I know the play/pause/next track buttons worked over Bluetooth with the iPhone iOS v4 but I never had the Artist / Album / Track details. Apple report that the recent iOS 5 upgrade meant the AVRCP went from version 1.0 to (1.3 or 1.4) and the details about the versions from Wiki are below:

AVRCP has several versions with significantly increasing functionality:
                    1.0—Basic remote control commands (play/pause/stop, etc.)
                    1.3—all of 1.0 plus metadata and media-player state support The status of the music source (playing, stopped, etc.)
                    Metadata information on the track itself (artist, track name, etc.).
                    DS3 DSport 150THP Grey/Black :cool:

Comment

My Sony Ericsson W995 has A2DP on it, but I just cant find a way to stream music to the car, Ericsson website says it CAN be done but doesnt tell you how lol, anyone have any ideas?
                      2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

Working...
                      X