DSport USB Socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSport USB Socket

Can anyone tell me where the USB port is on the DSport? I haven't got mine yet and wanted to know where it was and if it has a cover. If it has I wanted to get one of these to store my music on and hide it away

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/7138...hXCyoVFC9QUQ==

What's your thoughts?

It's by the handbrake, bit annoying at the 12v socket is there to. As long as you havn't ordered the MyWay you'll have it. There is a cover but not sure if you'd be able to 100% cover it. Be good to know about this as I'm interested to. The best I found was: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...nodisk&x=0&y=0
    Last edited by Mr. Bird Poo; 19-06-2011, 16:59.
    DSport HDi 110 in Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

Comment

That's even better as it doesn't have the keyring on , would the cover come off with a good tug as that would sit pretty flush anyway?

Comment

Havn't bought one yet, working on the assumption that many people will want to do this and hopefully someone will find the perfect solution lol

Comment

It does have a cover. As Bird Poo said so long as you don't have the myway you'll still have a USB port.

If you need to get the cover off you can lift out the socked by sticking a thin flathead underneath and lifting. From there you can slide off the cover after disconnecting the wires to the USB port.

The ones' you've listed though might allow the cover to close flush because of their size.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            The ones' you've listed though might allow the cover to close flush because of their size.
            Ooooo I do hope so! I may order one once my car arrives and let you all know how I get on.

Comment

no the cover dosent fully close with theses usb fitted but its very close, not enough to notice

Comment

Nick I'm guessing you have one of these small ones. Which one did you go for and are you happy with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bird Poo View Post
                  It's by the handbrake, bit annoying at the 12v socket is there to. As long as you havn't ordered the MyWay you'll have it. There is a cover but not sure if you'd be able to 100% cover it. Be good to know about this as I'm interested to. The best I found was: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...nodisk&x=0&y=0
                  Hi, why no USB with the MyWay??

Comment

Originally posted by mannerj View Post
                    Hi, why no USB with the MyWay??
                    The myway simply can't have a USB input

Comment

poor and disappointing........ Shame the dealers don't know this when you order, poor that it still appears on the spec sheet when ordering...

Comment

Spec sheet? Is that from the website?

The brochure clearly says that the two are not compatible with each other, the reason is most likely to do with software. This has been address with the new eMyWay units that are on DS4.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

not sure its on one of my old posts, its much better and faster than having an ipod sticking out of it

Comment

Working...
                          X