Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub advise

Im after buying a Sub for my car.

BUT! ive never had one before or even looked at them and is there anything i need to be aware of before buying one?

I have a Sony DSX-S100 stereo and im not sure if i need to be looking for anything like a minimum imput from the stereo ect...

Or if any sub and amp will do..

Im looking at around £120 ish mark for a package.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id_165702#dtab

Ive seen this and its £127 for everything...

advise please?

=]
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Halfords Makes Baby Jesus Cry...

Comment

Thanks for being helpful as always xD
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        Halfords Makes Baby Jesus Cry...
        Mint!

Comment

Personally I feel you can't get decent Sub/Amp Package for under £300. But if your just after something to rumble your rear a little this will do it. You just need a free pair of rear or subwoofer pre-outs on your headunit. Pre out levels on the headunit won't matter this just means the higher your pre out level the better quality the reproduced sound.

And always remember...the gain is there to compensate for low level pre outs...it's not a volume control...it's sensible never to turn it above 3/4 (I always run mine at about 1/4 as I have high voltage pre-outs).

Comment

Car audio centre in Manchester is doing a Juice 12" sub in box with amp for £69 if you quote Fast Car mag

0870 754 4486

Comment

Yor better off getting a sub with a built-in amp. No point getting it all seperate. As bruceds3 has said. Your head unit should have some pre-outs for subwoofers or rears. That Vibe you are looking at does sound okay as i have heard it in action, but it's better going for a sub with some vents, ports for a bit more punch.

Oh and dont forget to Dynamat your car, as i sub rattles the DS3 to shits.

Comment

I find the Vibe SLR-12A is great value for money at £149.90 it gives great performabce without breaking the bank, however as the previous comment states the ported option does add alot more impact to the bass.....The Vibe Black Air V12 Active is good value at about £199.90 and comes with an independant gain and frequency control....so if you havent got a sub pre out you can still have some control over what comes out of the woofer.

If saving space is a priority MTX do a MTXRT8PT which only has an 8" cone but is in a ported tube and again delivers great bass for about £120.00

Look out also for the new Vibe LITE AIR OPTi SOUND AUTO 8 .....not due until 16th of July but gives huge bass for its tiny size. This will be a bout £149.00 when it launches in about 3 weeks time.

Hope this helps !
                Ian

Comment

Working...
                X