USB and iphone 3G with bluetooth problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB and iphone 3G with bluetooth problems

I've now had my DS3 for 4 days! I have the City Connect package.
    I'm having problems with the bluetooth and USB with my iphone 3G. From what I can gather looking at various forums my problem may not be unique but I can't find that anyone has posted either a solution or a simply "it can't be fixed"

Bluetooth works fine, can phone, play music (albeit with limited control from the car)

USB works fine, BUT only if bluetooth is not turned on!

Once bluetooth is on it seems to take priority over the USB connection so you cannot look at music names, use list button etc.

I did once manage to get both working together - it seems to be something to do with the order of what you plug in/turn things on and the state of the iphone when you plug in in. Not been able to replicate it since.

Any ideas (other than upgrading to an iphone 4 that I beleive works OK)

Originally posted by Mike Sole View Post
    USB works fine, BUT only if bluetooth is not turned on!

Once bluetooth is on it seems to take priority over the USB connection so you cannot look at music names, use list button etc.
    That's Just The Way It Is Mate...

Comment

But I understand that you can with iphone4 - can someone confirm that to me before I upgrade my phone?

Comment

just use the blue tooth...
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

But you with just Bluetooth, apart from being able to use the paddle control to skip to the next track you can't use any of the car systems to select tracks, or see name of the artist etc.
          I did get both working together once at the weekend - I just don't know how!

Comment

But I understand that you can with iphone4 - can someone confirm that to me before I upgrade my phone?
            I Have The iPhone 4...

And No You Can't ?...

Bluetooth Always Takes Over...

Comment

get a usb stick for your music and bluetooth for hands free
              sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
              Third time around.
              Work in Progress

Comment

I'm with Rick on this usb stick is way to go and use bluetooth for phone only, sound quality through usb better than bluetooth anyway.
                I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

This is probably a very easy question (if you know the answer) but it I don't know how to transfer my itunes music onto a USB so that it will play directly. As everything is organised on my PC in directories by itunes I'm not sure how to do it and a simply copy & paste didn't seem to work.

Thanks for all the advice to far!

Comment

This is probably a very easy question (if you know the answer) but it I don't know how to transfer my itunes music onto a USB so that it will play directly. As everything is organised on my PC in directories by itunes I'm not sure how to do it and a simply copy & paste didn't seem to work.

Thanks for all the advice to far!
                    Just convert the iTunes .m4a files to .mp3 or .wma. There are lots of free converters available. Google "m4a to mp3".

Copy the mp3 (or wma) files over to the usb stick. Should work (but no guarantees).

Comment

Try this for help with iTunes and converting stuff.

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ghlight=itunes
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Just to let you all know that since upgrading to an iphone4 I have no problems. I plug iphone into USB, control music through car, bluetooth streams phone calls and I can even play music through Blue tooth or USB when it is plugged in. It must have been an iphone3S problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X