Stndrd speaker sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stndrd speaker sizes

Hi guys, looking for a bit of help in finding out the standard speaker sizes on my DS3 (Black and White edition), basicly its a pre configured d'style, it has a low speck 6 spkr system, I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and need to find out the sizes to get replacements that will fit the original holes, looking up the parts it seems to show numbers of 165 frt and 130 rear but that figure is not writen as size, so would like to find out if that corrisponds to anything, your help would be appreciated, thanks

I would imagine thats 16.5cm fronts & 13cm rears.
    Standard speaker sizes for most hatches, and the same as the C2.

Comment

Is it the speakers that are making that annoying vibrations when bass is pumped up, and will changing the speakers make any difference? or is it that actual panels? I wish i could sort that crap out.

Comment

They might be loose, but all new speaker new to "break" in before they work at their best.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Any of you guys know if you can take the speaker panels off or do you have to remove the door panels ??.

Comment

This made a massive difference to sound quality.......I also found it reduced vibration.

Set Stereo to Classical,Front to Rear -2,Bass 3-5,Trebble 3-5.

Hope this helps guys. ??

Comment

About The vibration noise. If you have the hifi packages with the sub in the boot, you might check the plastic ventilation thingie that sits in front of the sub that's what make the irritating vibration noise in my car. I will be putting some speaker foam in the whole the next few days.

Comment

Hi guys.

Any ideas as to what type of speakers are mounted in the front and back? Are they components speakers in the front to go with the tweeters? Would like to replace the speakers and just wondering whether its best to just but a load of three way co-ax in the front and back or whether I shoud l really put component in the front to go with the tweeters? Im guessing the sub is 8"

Cheers
                Last edited by djclark25; 14-09-2010, 10:05.
                110HDi Dsport
                Manitoba grey body / Carmen red roof
                Carmen red dash

Comment

hi does anyone know for sure the standard speakers size got mine last week love the car!! However the same cant be said for the s**t speakers they are so poor compaired to my last cars. Gonna buy new ones at weekend

Comment

Guys On 1 Of Our Threads Theres A Picture Showing The Speaker Components And Sizes, Not Sure Where Tho =/

Comment

I know jimmy.e is changing the speakers.
                      He might know the size
                      Last edited by Eiken; 28-09-2010, 09:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Eiken View Post
                        I know jimmy.e is changing the speakers.
                        He's Done Hell Of A Job Fair Play To Him

Comment

Working...
                        X