Economy Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy Mode

Does anyone out there know if it is possible to disable the economy mode which kicks in 30 mins after switching your engine off and prevents the radio being switched back on until the engine is run?

Nope cant be done :-/ Poor idea but better than looking like a numpty when your car wont start.

Comment

What a pain in the a$*, cheers Herby how's your motor?

Comment

Havent had it yet. but picking it up Thursday. Im off work for a week so i cant do my daily check on it haha. yours?

Comment

Wicked mate turning heads everywhere I go, had it 7 days and am on 820 miles mainly work though, soon be in for a service at this rate

Comment

Goooooood! Glad your enjoying it! Just finished putting my C2 back to standard now so its waiting for the DS3

Comment

The auto turn-off is a right royal pain. It wouldn't be so bad if just starting the car again gave you an extra half-hour of listening, but if I understand the manual correctly, you only get as much extra listening time as the engine was running. Not very green, that!

I resent losing a really useful facility (the ability to listen to the radio for more than 30 mins while parked up) all because some numpties don't have the common sense not to run their batteries down.

Rant over!!

Comment

That would explain why in the show room when i wanted to turn on the stereo it wouldn't do it, makes sense now.

Comment

Didn't even know it did this!

Comment

Learn Something New Everyday ! lol Anyone Know Any Other Cars That Do This ?

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                      Learn Something New Everyday ! lol Anyone Know Any Other Cars That Do This ?
                      I thought all modern cars did this.Main reason is in case you leave your lights on. Which I know with my ds3 goes out with the ignition, but did not on previous citroen models.Was glad of this function om my c4 as had a habit of leaving lights on .

Comment

Originally posted by alcaz1wolf View Post
                        Was glad of this function om my c4 as had a habit of leaving lights on .
                        Didn't You Hear The Beeping ? lol

Comment

so many beeps key in lock lights on unfastened seat belt i tend to ignore them I am afraid just find them annoying but stops when you take the key out

Comment

I still can't see why the radio has to be disabled completely after 30 mins. I got caught out this afternoon, listening to the football coverage while parked up waiting for the missus. Had to drive around the block for the last 5 minutes, so that I could hear the dying moments of the game (another well-deserved victory for the Canaries, btw...).

I can live with the wretched warning beeps, and the lights going off with the ignition - I'm sure I'm not the only one who has flattened a battery by leaving the lights on overnight - but who the hell gets out of their car and leaves the radio on overnight?!

Another victory for the nanny-knows-best brigade.

Comment

find it annoying my self,should be an option to turn it on or off ,like the option to have the day running lights on or off .

Comment

Working...
                              X