Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MyWay Traffic Announcments on National Radio???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyWay Traffic Announcments on National Radio???

Hi,

I am unable to get traffic announcments on any national radio stations eg Radio 1, 2, 3, 4 but I can get them on local radio stations eg Radio Cambridge.

When the display is showing radio and I search through the stations by tuning up and down, the local radio stations make the TA icon highlight however when it gets to a national radio station TA does not highlight.

I have the system set to RDS and TA is ticked.

Any ideas as I drive 60 miles each way up and down the A14 every day and the TA's can save me a lot of hassle. I know I can have the TMC traffic turned on in the NAV mode but you have to either keep looking at list of have the navigation on and I don't want to listen to the navigation every day for 120 miles when I know where I am going.

I'm pretty sure the national stations do not use the TA system. Their traffic bulletins are nationwide and mostly cover major jams/incidents.

When TA is turned on you should get the local traffic reports from the local BBC station break into whatever you're listening to.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry, that was what I was trying to say, the local BBC traffic reports won't break in when I am listening to national stations Radio 1,2,3,& 4.

They have done on any other car that I have had.

Comment

The TA does work with MyWay because I have had working. My guess is that maybe that you haven't got it set up quite right. I take it you turned it on using the radio short cut menu (on the radio display press the round button, select TA and add a tick to the box)?
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi,

Yep, both the TA and the RDS are ticked. But on the radio display (in the bottom right) the TA is not lit up/highlighted when tuned in to national stations.

Is this something you can have a quick look at to see if it is highligted on yours Bigfeet, when tuned into Radio 1, 2, 3 etc.

Thanks

Comment

Think I know what is going on.

I finally got a TA last night and this morning. It would appear that it is just that the My-Way is very very poor at swiching to TA / picking up TA anouncments. I only seem get the switch when I am within 5-10 miles or so of the broadcast point. My last car used to pick them up 40-50 miles away! Have to stick to the TMC.

The TA highlight problem on the radio screen would apper to be that if it is highligted then it is a station that actually broadcasts TA info, if it is not then the station does not broadcats it ie national Radio.

Comment

Working...
            X