X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth & Iphone

Hi All,
    I have my lovely DS3, but I'm having problems with the Iphone
    The Dealer synced it up to Bluetooth - and the "phone" part works fine.
    What it doesn't do is recognise the "music" part.

I've spoken to the Dealer and they say that you can't connect the Iphone to play music via Bluetooth - has to be via USB.
    Is that right ?

Thanks

Hi there, I can certainly confirm that both our iphones (3GS) work via the bluetooth, and actually when you connect them via USB you get an error message on the Iphone saying not compatable.

Steve

Comment

Hi CWB64 - welcome to the forum!

There have been some previous threads on this - it's a known problem with iPhones, although experiences seem to differ (which may be due to people using iPhones of different generations, or running different iterations of the software).

My DSport will stream music via Bluetooth from my 3G iPhone - it picks it up automatically, and plays whatever I was last listening to - but the iPhone won't respond to commands from the steering wheel controls or the head unit, which is a pain.

The sound quality is definitely better via USB - via Bluetooth it misses a beat occasionally - and the USB also charges the iPhone, which is useful on a long drive. However, it would be great to have remote control of the iPhone via bluetooth. I can't see why it doesn't work, as the phone part is fine, and other owners don't seem to have a problem syncing other types of mp3 player. Hopefully there will be a software upgrade sometime soon which will cure the problem.

In the meantime, my advice would be to ensure that your iPhone is running the latest operating software, and having updated the software, disconnect the battery on the DS3 for a minute and then re-synchronise the iPhone. The instructions in the DS3 manual are very clear - hopefully no need for a trip to the dealer!

Good luck - let us know how you get on.

Comment

I run an iPhone 3GS with the latest update on and have paired via Bluetooth fine. Also plays music direct from iPhone without a problem. The only issue I have had with it is that you can only "play" and adjust the volume (through the DS3's own controls), you can't change tracks. Definately should work though and the iPhone 3G and above is shown on Citroen's official information about the bluetooth connection box as a compatible device. Quite frankly, the dealer's quite wrong if they reckon you must connect via USB to play music via iPhone - I would tell him myself, but the heavy-duty pumping music from my iPhone through the bluetooth would make it difficult for them to hear me Honestly, it works a treat...even if I forget to pick up my iPhone and it's in my bag in the boot I can still connect fine and play music - I've even had it connect when my iPhone was by the front door inside the house and I was in the car on the drive!

I had some initial problems when I renamed my iPhone (in iTunes) and it acted odd until I re-paired manually. I would suggest you go through the bluetooth menus and completely remove the pairing from both your iPhone and the DS3, then re-pair a-fresh. Could be worth renaming your iPhone via iTunes as well first to get everything back to step one before the pairing.

Comment

Do the systems come standard with bluetooth or is that an extra?

Comment

I had the same problem, to fix the problem I disconnected my battery for 10 mins then hooked it back up and it worked fine after pairing again. Hope this helps.

Comment

The compatibility problems between my iPhone and DS3 have finally been resolved - my iPhone is, apparently, terminally knackered (the display has gone AWOL and no amount of rebooting will cure it).

So ... not wishing to plough even more of my hard-earned cash into Apple products that invariably seem to fail just out of warranty, I'm drawing up a shortlist of replacement phones, and a key priority is that it must work 100% with the DS3 - including streaming music via bluetooth.

Has anyone tried pairing a HTC Desire (where do they get these names from?) or a Samsung Galaxy with their DS3?

Comment

I have the HTC Tatto and it works fine with the Citroen Bluetooth
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                  I have the HTC Tatto and it works fine with the Citroen Bluetooth
                  Many thanks!

Comment

No problems with the HTC Hero either.

Both android based phones.

The dealer did mention to me the "fix" for Bluetooth when I picked up the car.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                      No problems with the HTC Hero either.

Both android based phones.

The dealer did mention to me the "fix" for Bluetooth when I picked up the car.
                      what was the fix? remove the battery for 10 minutes?
                      anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

Hi guys
                        Just got the iPhone 4 and it works very well with the Bluetooth in my ds3! you can even change the song with the joy stick at the back of the wheel, witch I couldn't do with my standard 3G
                        Jst thought I drop that in ;-)

Comment

do you have sat nav?
                          anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

Originally posted by karl THP View Post
                            Hi guys
                            Just got the iPhone 4 and it works very well with the Bluetooth in my ds3! you can even change the song with the joy stick at the back of the wheel, witch I couldn't do with my standard 3G
                            Jst thought I drop that in ;-)

Snap I have an iPhone 4 and it plays music via bluetooth but you cant use your playlists and you dont have all the function of using it via usb

Comment

No mate I didn't want the sat nav got a Tom Tom xl2 it's really good plus I heard the sat nav was really slow :-s

Comment

Working...
                              X